Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone be kind enough to post capacities for each .......

Looks like most of you are using 75/90 or 80/90 synthetic gear oil. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
From SM:

Transfer Oil capacity : Approx. 0.31 (5/8 US pt, 1/2 lmp pt)
API GL-5, Viscosity SAE 80 W-90

The front differential is in the CVT.
CVT fluid: Genuine NISSAN CVT fluid NS-2
Fluid capacity: Approx. 10.2 (10-6/8 US qt, 9 lmp qt)

The rear final drive Oil capacity: Approx. 0.55 (1-1/8 US pt, 1 Imp pt)
API GL-5, Viscosity SAE 80 W-90 *3
*3: For hot climates, viscosity SAE 90 is suitable for ambient temperatures above 0°C (32°F).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much--- it was the final drive and transfer case info that I needed :)

·
5,244 Posts
IT IS OBVIOUS! liters (or litres in other places..)

·
Registered
29 Posts
From SM:...The front differential is in the CVT.
CVT fluid: Genuine NISSAN CVT fluid NS-2
Fluid capacity: Approx. 10.2 (10-6/8 US qt, 9 lmp qt)...
Hi, sorry for the newbie question, but it's my Dad's Murano and he's checking about maintenance as the vehicle is past warranty.

It's a 2004 fwd; we checked the CVT fluid, which has good level and looks fine. Although he uses it for long rides, most use is light; he does have the occasional speed thrill...loves that engine.

Anyway, we wondered about the differential, because it's not mentioned in the user's manual, but the warranty/maintenance booklet does. I read in the forums it isn't an LSD, is that correct?

Besides that, I understand from the quote that the differential uses the same fluid as the CVT and so, checking for the CVT fluid covers the differential too. Correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
where exactly is the transfer case located, is it on the passenger side? pls help i need to locate the filler plug and drain plug also.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
where exactly is the transfer case located, is it on the passenger side? pls help i need to locate the filler plug and drain plug also.
If you follow your right/passenger side front axle you will hit the transfer case before the cvt. Filler plug needs 12 mm box wrench--long one--hard to reach. Drain plug needs 10 mm hex socket/allen. Both needs ultra grey permatex 82194 rtv silicone gasket maker.

You might as well do the rear differential also. Follow either left/right axle and at the center is the diff---you will see the drain plug. Needs 10 mm hex socket/allen for the filler and drain plug. There is a crush washer on this one could be reusable... I did on mine so far no leak.

Both front TC and rear Diff needs gear oil API GL-5, SAE 80w-90 --some folks used the synthetic 75w-90.

There maybe a diy somewhere. Do a search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thank you very much, Nitely.. i appreciate the quick response... i have a 2003 Murano and has 63,000 mi on it..it runs great no problem at all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts