Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody!

I'm new to this forum, and already with problem.
I bought Murano in US, where I was living for 2 years. Now I brought the car to Europe (Poland).

Already a problem.

To get the car registered, I need to get threw technical inspection. That was clear to me, but I thought, the Nissan Service can be helpfull with this problem. But they are not! They have no clue about this car, because in Poland is not so popular.

My question is:
- how to change tail lights, to get the signal ligt orange not red as in US (change just a bulb, or need to change complete lights? if complete lights, will this from european version fitt without problems?)
- what to do with front lights (xenon). Do I need to change lamps, or they can be adjusted somehow? If change, them, does the european version fit without problem?

In general: Murano is produced in europe since last year (2005), and my verison is from 2003.
So the question is, will the parts from 2005 version will fit 2003 version?

Thanks for any comments in this topic. Any advise will be appreciated.
I'm really desperated, and I would like not to make any mistake, any information (specialy from users which did exactly the same), will be helpfully.

Greatings

Mateusz
Murano 2003 SE AWD

·
5,244 Posts
Mateusz,

1. the tail lights – changing just bulb will not help as the lens/glass is red. You will need to change entire assembly.

2. HID – what is the problem? They are manufactured to European standards. During my recent trip I saw car with HID’s in Germany and in Poland. Isn’t Poland a part of EU now? One thing to consider though are the self leveling HID’s. I think this is the requirement in Europe, at least in Germany.

Congratulations on the Murano in Poland. It must look awesome out there.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kris!

You're right. The Poland is a part of EU.
You're right. I need to change tail lights. The cover is red, so the yellow bulb will probably not help (that was an idee, used in other cars ... maybe there is working).

I'm not sure about front lights. They could not be exactly the same like in US.
Lights in US, are aiming stright ahead, synchroniously (I hope I did wrote the word ok). Staying in front of a wall with your light's turned on, you'll have a stright lane of light.
In EU, there is a small "shadow" and they are aiming a little diffrent (the reason is, not to blind drivers running on the other side of the road).
This is what they told me, I need to do. In my opinion, I would like to change anything :)

The Murano is not so popular in Poland, that's true:) It make people looking after it. But there is a loot of other SUV's in Poland (what I founded returning after two years). So the type of vehicle is well known in Poland.

Greatings

Mateusz

·
5,244 Posts
Hi matik,

It just occurred to me that teonek, a member of this forum has imported Murano to Poland some time ago. If you pm him he should be able to help you. Good luck with the inspection.

Chytalem dzisiaj na Internet – 28C w Polsce. Musicie tam marznac. Mam nadzieje ze twoj Murano ma ogrzewane siedzenia!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Kris said:
Chytalem dzisiaj na Internet – 28C w Polsce. Musicie tam marznac. Mam nadzieje ze twoj Murano ma ogrzewane siedzenia!
Now we know where you are from.....:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes! I found teonek after time. He shared with me already with his expiriences:)

Owszem! Mamy koszmarne mrozy wlasnie! Boje sie, zeby mi nie pozamarzalo w Murano plyny, bo mam jeszcze te z US wlane. Puki co, wytrzymaly ... oby tak dalej!

Pozdrawiam / Greatings

Mateusz

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha ... no i zapomnialem: ma ogrzewane siedzenia. To jest full wersja (chyba) bez nawigacji i TMPS.

Pozdrawiam

Mateusz

·
5,244 Posts
zebelkhan said:
That is not fair....:D
OK, have a :7: (from my Australian days........)

Though I prefer Californian Cabernet Sauvignon :)

If one speak a language does it mean one is "from somwhere"? ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kris said:

OK, have a :7: (from my Australian days........)

Though I prefer Californian Cabernet Sauvignon :)

If one speak a language does it mean one is "from somwhere"? ;)
I'll say ... usualy yes:) Specialy if it's polish ... personaly, I met just one man speaking pretty good polish (he was not a pole, but his grandparents), but he couldn't wirte properly at all ....

Anyway, thank booth of You for help!

Mateusz

·
5,244 Posts
zebelkhan, matik

just follow this link clue??????

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Actually the HIDs on North American Muranos are not aimed at the same level. The drivers side lamp is aimed slightly lower than the passengers side to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. This aspect should not be an issue in the EU, but the self-leveling lamps might be. Muranos with HIDs do have a manual leveling feature though, its a switch which can adjust the headlight beams lower if the back of the vehicle is loaded down.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Kris said:
zebelkhan, matik

just follow this link clue??????
How am I supposed to know they speak polish in Australia????????

Actually for a moment I thought the language in your post was turkish.....

Well, back to the topic..... :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zebelkhan said:

How am I supposed to know they speak polish in Australia????????

Actually for a moment I thought the language in your post was turkish.....

Oh ... come one zebelkhan! ;) Poles are everywhere ... you should not be supriced :) that they are even in Australia. Personaly, my family lives there also :)

Back to the topic:
Thats true ... the light in my MO you can adjust (depending on load) and the left one is aiming a liiiiiitle lower than right on.
The problem in EU is, there supose to be an ... "shadow", I really do not know, how tu explain that.
Anyway ... I'll check again with service, what they can do with that.

Best regards

Mateusz

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Many cars in the EU have adjustable headlights. The "shadow" you refer to may be the raised angled pattern on the right, which the MO does not have.

·
5,244 Posts
ekaxel,

you might be right. The raised angle (right side) is a standard design in Europe and Australia. Murano does not have it. It does not however create hazard. But then again you never know with the bureaucrats…………

·
Registered
23 Posts
witam all,

i've read this thread with a great interest. i too in a year will be force to change/upgrade my mo to european standards. i've brought my se04 from canada to switzerland. luckily swiss are very easy, and they gave me permission to drive on my ontario plates till feb 07. in switzerland there are quite a few US made muranos. i do not think it is difficult to "convert" to swiss standards, as a i do not recall any of them with orange tail lights, or side turning indicator lights.
lastly - i'll be driving to poland for easter, please honk if you see a pewter murano somewhere on the road between Rzeszow and Wroclaw.

cheers and pozdrowienia

onufry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
onufry!

Travelling from Wroclaw to Rzeszow, you need to pass near where I live, so, I'll honk for sure!
Look araound then for silver MO near Krakow:)

Again to topic:
I need to leave for two weeks, so I'll start investigating this topic (to adjust MO to EU standard) after that.
I think, I'll just change tail lights, and that's it.

Lucky you, to live in Swiss, which is not a part of EU, so they can be more liberate:)

Regards

Matik

·
Registered
15 Posts
Matik,

How would you go about changing the rear tail lights to have an orange turn signal? Does Nissan have this type of tail light for European models, so you'd just be able to swap them out with that? Meaning the turn signal area of the lens is Orange, and the remainder Red, unlike the US version which is all Red.

Gene

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MyBlueMo!

This is the best part: the Nissan dealer in Poland couldn't answer me that question. Only thank's tonek, I know, that this is possible to swap tail lights from european version in US MO.
There is sligthly difference, that European version uses different count of bulbs (if I understood tonek correctly). Anyway ... he did that, so it should be also possible with my:)

But let me say something ... is this world not small or what!?
I just get back from AL (where you are from, like I supose after your location ID:)

I'm a little confused with Nissan service in Montgomery, because they didn't fix the recal part in my car (alternator) and I was there two times!
I didn't knew about that ... but in my opinion, when the car was in service, it should be done (if it was known for nissan about this problem).
Specialy ... that the last time I was ther, I told them, that I'm getting back to Europe, so they supose to check WHOLE car in detail ....

anyway ..... by this cold time in Poland, I'm missing "sweet home Alabama" :)

Greatings

Matik

1 - 20 of 66 Posts