Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my black 2006 Nissan Murano, I am over due to have a transmission flush, a Brake flush and a radiation flush.
I'll definitely have a transmission flush but because of my budget, the brake flush and radiation flush will have to wait.

Question: Which one should I do first a brake flush or a radiation flush? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Paniolo said:
on my black 2006 Nissan Murano, I am over due to have a transmission flush, a Brake flush and a radiation flush.
I'll definitely have a transmission flush but because of my budget, the brake flush and radiation flush will have to wait.

Question: Which one should I do first a brake flush or a radiation flush? :rolleyes:
Read through this thread. None of these services are needed unless there are signs. This just another way the stealership are out to make money. I got the same song and dance last week from the service adviser...

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13326

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading those entries, I presume it is saying no need to do a brake flush, radiatior flush nor a transmission flush. Replacing a few hoses at 60K.

I always thought it is very important to flush your transmission oil. Right now my odemetor is reading at 56K.

One more question: What about my timing belt? :(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The transmission does not need to be flushed, a drain and refill will do and is half the price. Make sure to use Nissan NS-2 CVT fluid.

As for the coolant, I'd change it now. 60k is due. Brake fluid only needs to be serviced (if at all) during your brake pad/rotor replacement.

Its radiator service, not radiation, unless you've been driving your MO near some nuclear dump sites. :p

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Paniolo said:
Thanks Eric...

Another question: What about the timing belt need to be replaced? Does a 2006 Murano have one.
Nope, it has a timing chain which is service free.

Something you might want to get changed though, are the accessory/serpentine belts - these are rubber belts which drive the AC, power steering, and alternator. 60k is about the limit for your average accessory belt, and they are inexpensive to replace.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just talked to our local Nissian service dealer about having a drain and refill for my transmission. They do not do a drain and refill but just a "flush" which cost $299.99.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Paniolo said:
I just talked to our local Nissian service dealer about having a drain and refill for my transmission. They do not do a drain and refill but just a "flush" which cost $299.99.
Given that CVT fluid goes for over $20/qt list and it takes ~15 quarts to flush the thing out, the price is reasonable. You can however do a drain and refill yourself. The drain plug is right under the transmission pan and it uses a normal copper gasket like the motor oil drain pan plug. It takes about 6 quarts to do a drain and refill.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts