Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Nissan Murano; 125,000 miles. Car was acting funny (not really able to be driven, no accelaration, loud noises) so i had it towed to a shop and they said it threw codes for TCC Solenoid and pressure sensor circuit for the transmission. This shop doesn't do transmission work so I'm having it towed to the only place in town that does, the dealer. I'm five hours away, my son has the car at school, so i haven't been able to assess anything myself.

Just looking for any insight or experience (like what is this gonna cost me?) into these trouble codes.

·
Super Moderator
7,669 Posts
It will be interesting to get trouble codes. Sometimes tranny problems are due to a valve body problem which can be corrected with a new part. Sometimes it's rebuild time. The party line on these has long been that the dealer doesn't rebuild, they drop the old one and install a remanufactured unit. I ahevn't had this done but I believe I've heard numbers in the $4,000 range.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$4350 is what they quoted me. I don't have the trouble codes but I'll try to get them. Looks like it's time to scrap this one. Glad I didn't do some of the maintenance work I had planned for this month.

What can I even do with this car now? How do I get rid of it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts