Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission failed on my 13 Nissan Murano at 80k just went out a couple day ago and I get my maintenance done regularly as I should idk what to kinda stuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah same here Nissan we should fix the problem so there customers don’t have to come outta pocket with the repair cost

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 just hit 82k miles and the trans went out... Nissan said they wouldn’t do anything.. so either reman or do a weird swap conversion like I’m trying

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2012 just hit 82k miles and the trans went out... Nissan said they wouldn’t do anything.. so either reman or do a weird swap conversion like I’m trying
Was your cvt making a whining noise that increased when accelerating and decreased when stopping? My 2012 with 131000 miles has been doing that for 2 months now. I had the transfer case seal replaced about 6 months ago because it was leaking. Had the cvt fluid and filter changed and it stopped making noise for about three weeks but started up again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but it was a crazy weird noise while driving then it just stopped turned it off started it back up n it didn’t move again afterwards

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rebuild it. I rebuilt mine for $2500 CAD. Worsk well as the internals are upgraded. If not, scrap it for parts and get a new car.

·
Super Moderator
8,276 Posts
Most indy shops can't rebuild a Nissan CVT, and dealers will only do exchanges. There have been one or two reports over the past couple of years that people found a way to have them rebuilt, but I think that most owners don't have that option.

Yeah but it was a crazy weird noise while driving then it just stopped turned it off started it back up n it didn’t move again afterwards
Have you had an actual diagnosis of the problem performed? At this point it doesn't sound like the problem has been investigated very much.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very few transmission shops will offer to rebuild the CVTs, but they're out there and they exist. The one I went to was very familiar with this CVT and rebuilt it with the updated internal sleeves to prevent bearing wear.

Proper lubrication (i.e. oil changes) don't really help prevent some of the flaws in these transmissions.

Reactions: Pilgrim
1 - 9 of 9 Posts