Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the transmission range sensor located ? Mine it's not outside .replace trany then it wont start gives me transmission range sensor dosnt know in what gear it is.it thinks that's it's on drive.if I take a screwdriver to the starter then it will start,dosnt matter in what gear it's on Nissan murano 03

·
Registered
624 Posts
Where is the transmission range sensor located ? Mine it's not outside .replace trany then it wont start gives me transmission range sensor dosnt know in what gear it is.it thinks that's it's on drive.if I take a screwdriver to the starter then it will start,dosnt matter in what gear it's on Nissan murano 03
O.K. So to start the car, you're basically bypassing the entire S circuit.

The Transmission Range Switch (Park/Neutral Position Switch as Nissan calls it) is located in the shifter assembly. When you replaced the CVT, did you adjust the shift cable connected to the CVT? If not, that's likely your problem.

The procedure is in the "CVT.pdf" file of the service manual for your car available here: https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no sensors on the trany...I adjusted the cable I disconnected the cable and I try to adjust it.all I want to know...where is that sensor.its not outside,its inside the trany.thank you for the manual.

·
Registered
624 Posts
There is no sensors on the trany...I adjusted the cable I disconnected the cable and I try to adjust it.all I want to know...where is that sensor.its not outside,its inside the trany.thank you for the manual.
You'll find diagnostic procedures for that switch in the service manual. Also, data stored in the TCM needs to be erased any time the transmission is replaced, but the TCM is not--you'll find this in the manual as well. Good luck and let us know if you solve the problem.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My understanding is whenever you change cvt you will need to take it in to the dealer to update and synch in the new cvt to the cars computer. So they can talk to each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts