Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
After a long three week wait, my TRex billets are finally installed (my shop ordered from their supplier who ordered from TRex who didn't have any in stock so had to manufacture them).

These are a bit different than the Nissan Z grille you can find after market (already on the forum). Upper insert has 12 slats and lower has 10 slats. I'm loving it!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more pic...

Attachments

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Very smooth... almost too smooth. I think maybe I'm missing the Nissan emblem. I like it. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but at least I still have that huge emblem in the back!

I always get, "So what kind of car is that?" So now, I'm sure it'll happen even more... :p

Lil' Bit

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shop charged me:

Lower - $189.95
Upper - $419.95

(pre tax) - They estimated about $65 for install, but didn't charge me for any when they rang me up! They'll definitely get repeat and referred business from me...

Gonzo,
Heck yeah the dang tire is bald! Just hit 36k miles on the OEM's. I have some 20's (wheels and tires on order). They were supposed to be in and installed two weeks ago, but the manufacturer recalled them. Estimated delivery... End of June.

So, my wonderful tires shop has given me a loaner for the driver rear. I go back every week and have them check the treads on the others. Really don't want to shell out money on 18's when I already have 20's on order... Didn't plan this delay when I ordered everything back in March!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Gee gosh! at $419 I would hope they wouldn't have the nerve to charge for installation!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Since this is an opinion forum - I don't like the upper.

The lower is okay.

The lower would look funny without the upper.

The upper might be okay without the lower.

It seems like too much.

I don't care for it.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I sort of like the unique stock Murano grille. It has a polarizing look to it that no other vehicle has. I think the billet grille would look better if it had a Nissan emblem. When its "naked" like that, it comes off looking kind of austere - i.e. nothing jumps put at you.

Just my opinion though. :p

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think I miss the Nissan emblem on it too, or maybe I'm just partial to the Z grille because I have one. I like this combination though, and I'm sure your new 20's will give it an even sharper look.

Is it just me or does this thing resemble a blue (baleen) whale? ;)

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
I like the grills but I agree with Eric. The stock grill does look great on the Mo. I just hate the fact that is is plastic. I wish someone would make a polished metal version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts