Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone test driven the Subaru B9 yet?

I've been reading the Edmunds forum and seems that most who own it really are impressed. I think there are some features that need to be tweaked, but it is an interesting vehicle.

Fortunately, there is a dealership near me that is Nissan/Subaru. In 2008, both the Mo and the B9er should have some significant changes and it may be hard to decide which to get when my lease is up.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I've seen it on TV. I'm not sure.

Subaru is really doing some cool stuff right now. There customer ratings are pretty high. Nice designs. Reliability is good from what I've briefly read....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a friend in the Boston area that bought one. He is happy with it but he is also a long term Subaru guy.

I don't care for the looks of the front end myself. I have seen the TV ad and have seen one on the road along with numerous magazine shots.

I try to avoid first year models of anything.

I think it is a bit underpowered for its weight. Murano is much sportier on the engine side of things.

The one big feature they are missing for me is memory seats. My wife and I use such different seating positions and we swap drivers a lot I don't want to have to readjust a seat for 10 minutes every time it is my turn to drive.

I do like the looks of the interior. I have a feeling they will add a tweak here and there for next year.

Not that many Subaru dealers around but the company is solid. People who buy one tend to be repeat customers.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Some of you guys and gals are too practical. For me, the car has to look nice as well as be other things. I can see designers were probably thinking FX when working on the rear and the sides but have no clue on what went wrong with them when they designed the front. I suppose some like it, but I don't. Even if it is the best car in the world I would not buy it...:D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ah, if I had the cash (and didn't need rear room) the FX would be in my garage... yes even over the MO which I still love so dearly.

Now the FX is **THE** Z of SUVs. It is a monster on rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
I saw one a few weeks ago.. looks nice from the side, but I don't like the front or the back view.

Subaru peeps praise it as if it's the greatest thing since slice break - ok we do the same with our MO... :2: I hear it rides very well, albeit underpowered.. lacks alota luxury features (no memory seats, no HID, no power pedals, etc), yet it competes against MDX, RX330, FX, MO, etc... nevertheless, another crossover to consider..

Yes it's a MO clone as well, just like the Mazda Cx-7...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Gonzo said:
Ah, if I had the cash (and didn't need rear room) the FX would be in my garage... yes even over the MO which I still love so dearly.

Now the FX is **THE** Z of SUVs. It is a monster on rails.
I agree with you Gonzo... I would have gotten the FX too if it wasn't for the cramped rear....

As for the Tribeca... I would consider buying it when the front looks grew on me enough to forget about it. :D

·
5,268 Posts
Gonzo, mozman

I do agree with you both....:D

My garage......

PS. Chief stylist at Subaru is a former Alfa Romeo designer. No kidding.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i've had a chance to drive it. hears my review of it

Tribeca review

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Kris,

Nice inventory! I see, the sports car for the weekend and the MO for weekdays. They look happy next to one another. :)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Recent comparo in one of the carmags, maybe it was Motortrend or Car and Driver - tested the Cadillac SRX V6, Dodge Magnum AWD V6, Volvo XC70 AWD, and Subaru Tribeca.

The Volvo won, followed by the Magnum, Subaru, and Caddy.

The Tribeca was very slow (slowest of all) - 0-60 in 9.2s. It was also slowest in the slalom. We don't have anything to worry about people.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's kind of interesting to see the enthusiam that new and prospective Tribeca owners are displaying. Sort of reminds me of the pashion the Murano generated when it 1st came out.

I am going to follow both the Mo and the B9er for the next few years to track the changes. I suspect that with the number of comments about power lag on the B9er that it might get a turbo version or more horses as time goes by.

I do have the luxury to shop both vehicles at the same combined Subaru/Nissan dealership. I won't be ready until 2008, so I expect quite a few changes by that time on both cars. I am spoiled by the CVT and that might be hard to overcome.

·
Registered
792 Posts
0-60 in 9.2 - good grief. I can do that on my bicycle. :)

Red Bull give you wings!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Love the Subaru ad copy for this thing. Trying to convince you that they somehow came up with the concept of a nicely styled, car-like SUV. Ummm, no, nothing unique about this except that hideous grille.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I saw one in person last night. My first glimpse from the side and I liked what I saw. Then I got a shot of the back side - not bad.

Then she turned around and smiled!!! Yikes!

It can stay in someone else's driveway.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If it looked like an Alfa they couldn't keep it on the dealer's lots, but I think they went a little too Edsel-esque in the front end....but then I also owned a BRAT when they first came out so I can't say too much!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Don't overlook the small gas tank - 16.9 gal US. I said this before. This would be totally unacceptable to me, in addition to the lack of HID and low torque.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm really surprised more cars haven't picked up on offering the HID option. :confused:
Seems like it would be a frequently requested option with a premium price tag.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
KSmurano said:
I'm really surprised more cars haven't picked up on offering the HID option. :confused:
Seems like it would be a frequently requested option with a premium price tag.
HIDs were one of the reasons I decided exclusively on the Murano. No other midsize non luxury brand crossover offered HIDs in 2003.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That's 'cause most people don't know where to check the dipstick is, much less care what kind of headlights they have. Have you driven a Mopar product lately...at nite? lollollol. I had to stop and make sure the headlights were still on with a rental truck I had. Miserable and really frightening. No beam on high, just a scattered field in front of the truck. The Pacifica wasn't much better and the PT Cruiser would over drive its lights at 50mph. The MO's are good, but without a good lens they too scatter the high beam. One trick I've started doing is lowering the adjustment when using high beams. Seems to help with depth of beam. Trying to find a good driving light to mount to the OEM crossbar, though. Best lights ever were on the '96 & '97 S-Class 'Benz. Halogen only, but with great prism lenses. Phenomenol considering non-Xenon/HID. Never over drove them even at high speeds on SC backroads.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts