Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the trip functionality on the LCD, is it possible to enter the estimated distance and have the system calculate an ETA? Or, is it limited to just displaying how far you've driven along with your avg speed...etc?

·
Registered
41 Posts
As far as I have seen, limited to just displaying how far you've driven along with your avg speed. Unless you have NAV then you "might" have that option, but I dont know much about the NAV display, and what it has or doesnt have over the NON-NAV display.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
There is no such feature on non-nav models. I would imagine the nav system has a feature like this though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you have NAV, and you've set a destination, it will give you an ETA based on the average speeds you've got set in your nav options. I haven't really tested it though to see how accurate it is.

·
Registered
719 Posts
utah said:
If you have NAV, and you've set a destination, it will give you an ETA based on the average speeds you've got set in your nav options. I haven't really tested it though to see how accurate it is.
I've tweaked mine to 73 mph on the highway, 46 mph on main streets/highways, and 37 on city streets. For my general area of travel, these provide very accurate estimates of my actual drive times. No doubt, your results will vary depending on your area and congestion on the roads you drive as well as the time of day you travel.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
What he said.

I also took the avg highway speed as high as it would go, but its never enough. Sometimes, I see the minute counter on the ETA clock ticking down two minutes per minute, depending on the roadway. That's a major feature I miss from the Garmin -- live ETAs that not only use your actual avg speed in calculations, but can also show you the time at arrival, not elapsed time UNTIL arrival..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts