Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I just recently installed a PAC AAI-NIS and I get the SR1 AUX input if I'm luck 1 out of 10 times I start the car!!!

Its very unreliable and most of the times I just get NO SAT when I press the SAT button.

I have to believe my unit is defective or is there some special process to "pair" it properly with the HU so it recognizes it always????

Any insight or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Flip

·
Registered
118 Posts
After working fine for a year or so mine has started doing the same thing, occasionaly. It seems like I get the NO SAT situation only when I connect the MP3 after the engine is running. Sometimes it works fine even under the exact same circumstances. The only fix I can find is to switch the ignition off and then switch it back on with the MP3 connected.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sounds like you may simply have a loose connection. I never had the problem you are talking about but at some point my HU would "lock-up" while switching from A to B and to C. I have not had that issue anymore and I think it is because I reset the HU by disconnecting all of its wires for a few minutes and connected it back up. I lost all the settings but it is working fine now. You may want to try that first to see if it takes care of your problem as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No Sat

My PAC Audio unit was working like a charm with my XM and DVD inputs controlled by the SAT button. But today I get in the car, start the car, turn on the radio, and push the SAT button and to my suprise it displays NO SAT. I don't know what to do, except to try the suggested restart ignition with different external device power on/off options. If this doesn't work, I plan on taking apart the interior to access the PAC and see if there is any loose connections or bad fuses. I'll try to give feedback on that process later.

Just thought I'd post this to the list to help contribute to the future troubleshooting or potential problems with the PAC Audio device.

·
Registered
23 Posts
SAT is Back

I turned it back on the check and it works normal.

It must have been the overnight low temps that did it. It doesn't get that cold in the Bay Area, this time of year it is cold in the early late evening/mornings, between 42F. and 37F.

This adds to the theory that the PAC Audio device is temperature sensitive.
Good to know it wasn't anything too serious.

In response to the original post, it sounds like there may be some connectivity issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts