Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a large amount of bleeding across the 2 channels on my PAC unit.

I have my Nano on A and my Portable XM on B. If the Nano is on and Im on B I can hear the Nano at about 10% of the volume. The same goes if I have the XM turned on and go to A. If they are both on at the same time I get both of them as well as a crackling sound.

Anyone else have this issue?
Did I get a bad unit?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Both Grip and I had this problem too. I have replaced mine but have not tested it yet (sometime today I will do it) I will report back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
It will be interesting to see if its a bad unit or if its just the nature of the beast.

Has anyone contacted the manufacturer about this or should I shoot a letter off on Monday?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Okay. Just tested my new unit and I still have cross talk (bleeding) across A and B channels. When I noticed the problem with the first unit, I called the manufacturer and they said they had not heard of this problem so they recommended that I replace my PAC in case the unit was defective. The person I talked to at Pacific Audio gave me his e-mail address to let him know if the new unit still has issues. I have his address at work so he will hear from me on Monday. I suggest you also call them and let them know.

My unit also had another problem which the new one still does. When I use both inputs and try to switch between the inputs using the ABC button, the HU locks up and stays on A! Volume, and other presets stop working unless I push some other button (radio, CD, etc) or turn the HU off and back on again. Then it will go to the B. If I disconnect the second input, that particular problem goes away but somehow pushing ABC button now skipps over the B and goes from A directly to C as if the HU has been programmed. Now I have to push the SAT button before B appears! It is just possible that this is a HU problem but don't know that unless yours does not do the same thing. It is interesting however that when I disconnect the PAC all together (remove its wires from the back of HU) then HU operation goes back to normal!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not having a HU issue. I didn't have that issue with my first HU nor the one they just put in.

I have noticed another issue. When I go to the C input, I have a good amount of white noise. When the PAC is not connected to the HU this goes away. LOL If its not one thing, its another.

Please pass on the addy for the person at PAC. I would like to communicate with him on this unit and the intermittent noise I'm getting from the OEM unit.

Thanks for the info. Ill also post my findings as they become available.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I got the white noise too until I realized when it got to C, it actually switched off SAT and went on AM radio! Make sure that is not the case with yours. I will pm the e-mail address to you on Monday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is currently nothing that can be done about the crosstalk because the switching chip will always have some leakage. That is why we have remote wires that you can use to turn on/off the audio sources.

If i remember, the instructions say that preset C is not used. The switching chip is turned off for both inputs. Its not a flaw. Don't use SAT C as it has no use.

I am interested in zebelkhan's problem of hu locking up and skipping SAT B. I have not heard of this before and i wonder why we have not had calls about it. I looked at the code and the hu sends a specific message to directly go to SAT A,B,or C. So its interesting why SAT B is skipped.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
PAC said:
There is currently nothing that can be done about the crosstalk because the switching chip will always have some leakage. That is why we have remote wires that you can use to turn on/off the audio sources.

If i remember, the instructions say that preset C is not used. The switching chip is turned off for both inputs. Its not a flaw. Don't use SAT C as it has no use.

I am interested in zebelkhan's problem of hu locking up and skipping SAT B. I have not heard of this before and i wonder why we have not had calls about it. I looked at the code and the hu sends a specific message to directly go to SAT A,B,or C. So its interesting why SAT B is skipped.
Wow! I love it when mnufacturers care enough that they bother to input at forums like this. Thank you! :)
I had the lock-up issue with both PAC units. But as far as I can recall skipping SAT B is unique to the second PAC unit only. I originally had my carputer feeding input A and Satelite receiver (XM Direct tuner) into input B. Because of the cross talk and the lock up issue I am now routing the XM through the carputer as well so I don't have to switch to input B at all. But even now, the HU skipps SAT B! So I am inclined to say that maybe there is either a problem with my HU, or incompability with the type of device that is inputting the audio into PAC audio when I was using input B, or the HU somehow programmed itself to skip it when input B was being used. I really don't know. What I do know is that if I disconnect the HU completely from the car things get reset and go back to normal until I start using input B again.
I wish I was close to Santa Ana so I could bring the car in for you guys to see for yourself.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I have the problem

PAC said:

I have 2 PAC units. Both have the cross talk problem.
I also have the Mr. Z problem on both units. so I guess we have at lease 4 units in a row that have the problem. @ for Z and 2 for G.
This makes me feel that it is certinally the design not a malfunction. The lack of isolation and the reduced volume could have both been fixed with better design and components. IMO, The unit does what it does OK, but not excellent.

When the second generation comes out, I hope that improvments are made in the unit and in the accompanying literature. Also IMO, Their should at least be vehicle specific instructions on the web. One person could do it all in a week. It would improve sale and increase profit as I believe it would reduce calls to the PAC personell enough to pay for the effort.

G.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts