Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Today I noticed that the trunk on my 2018 Murano SV won’t open. If I press the FOB or the button on the left of the steering wheel, it sends the signal which starts to open the trunk but a second later it gives out and closes on it’s own. It almost feels like it doesn’t have the power to do it on it’s own. Because if I give it a just sliiiight push when it begins to open, then it works. Never had this issue before.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey

Today I noticed that the trunk on my 2018 Murano SV won’t open. If I press the FOB or the button on the left of the steering wheel, it sends the signal which starts to open the trunk but a second later it gives out and closes on it’s own. It almost feels like it doesn’t have the power to do it on it’s own. Because if I give it a just sliiiight push when it begins to open, then it works. Never had this issue before.
I found this in the manual:

You may also want to check this resource out:

Let me know what you find out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this in the manual: View attachment 51583
You may also want to check this resource out:

Let me know what you find out!
Tried all that, no luck. My hatch will close no problem, its really just the opening thats the issue. I can hear it unlock/release and lift up maybe 1/2 inch, then it goes right back down. And if I give it a slightest push up for a split second at the start, it will open no problem.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like something is sticking. Clean and grease your hinges and see if that helps. Might have some gunk from the winter built up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2017 Murano SL is doing the exact same thing. I have an appointment at CarMax end of June to get it looked at and repaired.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts