Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on? Here is my problem.

As we load the trunk space with grocery bags, I tried to close the door lid and it won't close. I thought that I didn't close the lid hard enough, so I tried to close it harder, but it won't close. I then push the door lid down and press the lock button on my keyfob. It locked the door, but only in the half way lock(half open/half lcok). Press the open button twice and it open and then close without a problem. I then unlock the door again, tried to close it, but the same thing happen again. THEEEEEEEEN i tried that lock/unlock system again, and the trunk lid close.

Any idea of what could be the problem? I'm going to the dealership tomorrow, and hopefully, it's just a minor problem.

·
Registered
564 Posts
This happened to an old Nissan I had before the Murano. Turns out there was a problem with the lock mechanism cable. It just needed a simpled adjustment and it was fixed. Sounds like the same thing here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't get the chance to go to the dealership last week, but I seem to notice that the handle does not click all the way back to its' original spot. Maybe it's the wire or lack or grease.

·
Registered
593 Posts
whitemo said:
I didn't get the chance to go to the dealership last week, but I seem to notice that the handle does not click all the way back to its' original spot. Maybe it's the wire or lack or grease.
Mine just started doing the same thing a few days ago. At the moment, I'm just pushing the handle back down as needed. Will work on a better fix when I have time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi everyone, just to let you guys know that about 3 weeks ago, the hatch door was inopperative. I went in for a check up and they said that the "back door lock actuator" was broken. they ordered a new part and replaced it just today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts