Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dring a Maxima since '91, and for the past 2 weeks, trying to get a comfortable seating position in my New SL. First, I'm a healthy, fit male speciman, but am experiencing 'shoulder to head' strain in my seemingly endless quest adjusting seat positions which feel 'normal'.
I understand that forum members can't give me actual seating positions, but maybe see something I don't. Thanks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I find the seating very confortable, especially the drivers seat with all the adjustments. I like the seat set with the cushion tilted slightly up in the front, the lumbar set soft, the back set not quite vertical and the seat pushed back so my legs are fully extended when touching the pedals.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Its recommended you set the distance from the steering wheel to be where with your arms extended you can still bend your hand over the steering wheel at the wrist. This prevents your arms from being too cramped while driving (surprisingly having them extended like that is less tiring than cramped and resting on the armrest), and there is enough slack left to quickly turn the wheel in an evasive maneuver.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same issue when I first got the car.

I think it is because the seat leather was so stiff. As the leather softened I had less of a problem.

I was ready to dump the car because of this issue, but it is OK now. It took probably 3 months...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hear you about the Maxima being more comfortable. I still feel this way and I've had the MO for a year and a half.

Anyways, at the beginning I found the biggest problem was finding the right pedal position in relationship to the seat and wheel. The rest falls into place with minor adjustments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last night, in vain, I removed and turned the head restraint 180 degrees and reinstalled. But, this obviously was not the solution, but I did notice the 'forward/back' adjustment was either stuck or I just wasn't aware of the adj. With the adjustment 'back' I'm experiencing some relief. Mirq Missing Max, Mr Mo.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
My wife is short, and the headrests were uncomfortable for her. So she got a round tube-like pillow with a strap on it. She raises the headrest all the way up, then straps the pillow around the headrest columns. Supports her head nicely and she really likes it.

Of course, any normal-sized person that rides in my MO has to flip it around to the back so it's not annoying them... ;)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
jrmirq said:
I've been dring a Maxima since '91, and for the past 2 weeks, trying to get a comfortable seating position in my New SL. First, I'm a healthy, fit male speciman, but am experiencing 'shoulder to head' strain in my seemingly endless quest adjusting seat positions which feel 'normal'.
I understand that forum members can't give me actual seating positions, but maybe see something I don't. Thanks.
I have severe Cervical Stenosis, I had problems also, I suggest that you try to find:
A combination that put you head so that it is vertical and in line with your cervical spine.

Suggest a friend look at your position from the side.

For me this required a combination of seat back, Lumbar, Head rest tilt and the use of a little head pad on the front of the headrest to eliminate "Head Bobbing"

Now you are young and healthy so may not need all this. Good Luck.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Speaking of Headrests.... when I brought mine home, I felt the rear 3 headrests were in my way when i looked out the back window using the rear view mirror. So, I removed the middle one, and lowered the two sides one all the way down tight to the seat. I hardly notice them at all now. Removing the middle one was key for me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I found you slip around with the leather seating as the bolsters are not that supportive on the sides.

To counter I did this :-

1) lowered the seat all the way down
2) Set seat back so arms only only slightly bent
3) Then tilted the fron of the seat up to drop you into a "valley"

I felt this provided more lateral stability as your seat was more secure.
Still I don't think I will polish up the leather with conditioner anymore , at least not on the drivers side.

·
4,994 Posts
ekka

ekka said:
I found you slip around with the leather seating as the bolsters are not that supportive on the sides.

To counter I did this :-

1) lowered the seat all the way down
2) Set seat back so arms only only slightly bent
3) Then tilted the fron of the seat up to drop you into a "valley"

I felt this provided more lateral stability as your seat was more secure.
Still I don't think I will polish up the leather with conditioner anymore , at least not on the drivers side.
Good thoughts, Also nice position in case of an accident. Those raised knees will reduce the likelihood of a sternum fracture.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Am I the only person that doesn't rest my head on the head rest? Ever?

I wouldn't even notice if the thing wasn't there.

:8:

·
4,994 Posts
IF REAR ENDED YOU WILL.

special-k said:

:eek:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hate to see folks playing around with the headrest.
In the Murano, the Headrest is an active, not passive, device.
Adjust it properly (not touching) and it will serve you well.

I DO set the seat similar to ekka, but I raise it as far as it will go. Same deal with the bucket and arms tho.
I am only 5'7".

The main reason I do that, is the main reason I buy Vans and SUVs.
I like to Ride high.
My pickup truck was known as Seymour.:1:

Homer

·
Registered
470 Posts
special-k said:

I agree with you. I never rest my head on the headrest. Its purpose is to prevent neck injuries when hit from the rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts