Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Brian and I am new to the forum and just purchased a 2006 murano SL AWD with 135,000 miles for a first car for my 17 yr old daughter. I am trying to purchase a few parts online for this vehicle and some of the parts have either early or late production in the description. How do i know which is which? Mine has a 12/05 on the door jamb. Thanks in advance

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to place a big order at Rock Auto for this vehicle and I want to add as many parts to one order because of the shipping fees. I can always go to the local Autoparts store but RA has them for around $5ea local parts store wants $20ea.

· Registered
434 Posts
With an 05 on the pillar, and its an 06 I'd say that is early production. One thing, no auto manufacture will spend the $ to change stuff on a car in production unless they have some problem with it.
So parts that would be changed from early to late production, would be very few if any. Its not like they just started building Murano's. The wipers likely are the same style used on the 2 model years before that year.
Can always go to the auto parts store and match up what the book says, to see if there is a problem, you don't have to buy them there.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the reply. I understand all that. I was just curious what constitutes an early and late production for the first generation of Muranos? There is no description on R.A. website under the part that explains what they mean by early or late production date and of course there is not a phone number to R.A. I know they don't have a customer service department. I just figured someone here would know. I'm just wondering if they mean early or late for the model yr 2006 or do they mean 1st generation of Muranos in general.

· Registered
2,366 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I understand all that. I was just curious what constitutes an early and late production for the first generation of Muranos? There is no description on R.A. website under the part that explains what they mean by early or late production date and of course there is not a phone number to R.A. I know they don't have a customer service department. I just figured someone here would know. I'm just wondering if they mean early or late for the model yr 2006 or do they mean 1st generation of Muranos in general.
If you're unsure if a part is correct, look up the OEM part number using your VIN on a website like nissanpartsdeal.com and then check it against the OEM interchange numbers on the Rock Auto information page for the part (see example below).

Font Rectangle Parallel Circle Screenshot

· Registered
168 Posts
Just wiper blades
I don't know if there is a difference in the blade design between early and late 2006 model. I have been using the Good Year heavy duty ones from Costco. They seem to be durable and do a good job with snow, but one annoying thing is that the nozzle on the driver side always hits the blade and scatters more of the wash fluid onto the hood than onto the windshield. I may go back to the skeleton style blade to allow the jet stream go through.

· Registered
13 Posts
If I recall correctly, the early production wiper blades are the metal ones and the late production are the blade style (like Bosch Icons). I changed to the newer style way back in 2006 when they started using them OE since the metal ones didn't contact the windshield all the way on the passenger side.

The 2 are interchangeable if you're replacing the blade and not just the insert. I found replacing the insert a lot cheaper than the whole blade, just harder to find.

According to my notes, the new style refills are:
28895-CB08CWiper Blade Refill, LEFT
28895-CB02CWiper Blade Refill, RIGHT

@blown4_6 I'd recommend checking on courtesyparts.com for the OE part number and cross referencing with RockAuto if you want OE, or just go with some Bosch Icons, etc.

· Registered
2010 Murano SL AWD
10 Posts
I don't know if there is a difference in the blade design between early and late 2006 model. I have been using the Good Year heavy duty ones from Costco. They seem to be durable and do a good job with snow, but one annoying thing is that the nozzle on the driver side always hits the blade and scatters more of the wash fluid onto the hood than onto the windshield. I may go back to the skeleton style blade to allow the jet stream go through.
You need to adjust the blade position. Pop off the cover at the bottom of the wiper arm. There is a nut to unscrew. Remove the blade arm and replace it rotating up the windshield a notch. Sometimes there is a line on the windshield you've never noticed before. This will raise the bottom of the wiper swipe.
Replace plastic cover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts