Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on taking my Murano in to have the brake work specified in the TSB on squeaking brakes. Is this kind of work covered by the warranty, even if the car is no longer in the 12,000-mile period? I just crossed that line last week. I don't want to get socked for a bill for new brakes if this is supposed to be a covered item.
One more question on a really small item. I just noticed that on the various buttons on the driver's side door for windows and locks that one of the buttons is not lit. I could not tell you which one right now, but it's on the upper left side. Should they all be lit? Is this something I can replace myself or will I have to have the service dept. do it for me?
Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
TSBs are usually covered even beyond the manufacturers warranty, so you have nothing to worry about. The challenge is to reproduce the problem to the dealership and get their diagnostic challenged techs to put A (problem) and B (TSB) together.

As for the buttons, yes they are lit. They are covered under the 3yr/36,000 mile warranty, let the dealer fix it.

Some advice - don't let the dealer do one of their "we need to order a part, and we'll let you know when it gets in" tricks on you. Every Nissan dealer I've been to does this to get their customers with minor complaints out the door, and they never call back. I suggest making another appointment right there on the spot if they need to order a part - that way, they NEED to actually order the part and have it by the time you come back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts