Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edmunds.com has a link that lists all 21 of the TSB's that I was aware of for the 2004 Murano. In addition, there is a section at Edmunds where you can plug in your vehicle make, model, etc. for just about any car and get the recommended mileage checkup schedules (if you are absentminded like me).

Here's the TSB link for those who want it:
http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/recalltsb.do?step=tsb&year=2004&make=Nissan&model=Murano&style=SL+AWD+4dr+SUV+(3.5L+6cyl+CVT)&zip=19425&synpartner=edmunds&tid=edmunds...mnt.step2.9.Nissan*#21

There's a pretty good forum section there, too, and a pretty interesting Subaru B9er comparison forum as well.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Very nice, thanks.

HOWEVER, looking at my next service interval there, it shows that I am going to need the 7500 mile service. The items listed is correct (oil change and check a few things) but the prices are amazing!

They estimate $17.46 to inspect the brakes, same amount for the Cabin Air Filter, and rotating the tires. Plus a few other things. Total estimated charge for a 7500 mile service is $94.82!!!!!! :eek:

If my mechanic charged me that, I'd kick him in the groin! (hey, wait, we have a smiley for that.... hmmmm.... where is it... oh yeah: :xnuts: )

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Nice find. I think depending on who does your service, the price maybe close. I know when I needed my 15K service I called three dealerships and I had prices ranging from $129 to $399.....:confused:

·
Registered
593 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Nice find. I think depending on who does your service, the price maybe close. I know when I needed my 15K service I called three dealerships and I had prices ranging from $129 to $399.....:confused:
Are you sure they were all going to do the same thing? There are those different service plans you can follow.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
No. They were not the same. The cheapest one was for the oil change lubing the hinges + tire roration + cabin filter + a bunch of visual inspections. The most expensive one had all of those + car rental. I opted for the cheap one less the cabin filter but added tire balance. My point is that unlike Honda or Toyota, Nissan's 15k service may mean so many different things.

·
Registered
216 Posts
elliotgb said:
Edmunds.com has a link that lists all 21 of the TSB's that I was aware of for the 2004 Murano. In addition, there is a section at Edmunds where you can plug in your vehicle make, model, etc. for just about any car and get the recommended mileage checkup schedules (if you are absentminded like me).

Here's the TSB link for those who want it:
http://www.edmunds.com/maintenance/recalltsb.do?step=tsb&year=2004&make=Nissan&model=Murano&style=SL+AWD+4dr+SUV+(3.5L+6cyl+CVT)&zip=19425&synpartner=edmunds&tid=edmunds...mnt.step2.9.Nissan*#21

There's a pretty good forum section there, too, and a pretty interesting Subaru B9er comparison forum as well.
Thank you for your support! :claphead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts