Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, found this very informative site doing a Google search.

I presently own a 02 Toyota Highlander of which I have been quite pleased with overall and in the coming months I will be in the market for a new vehicle. The only vehicle that I like and suits my needs besides a Highlander is the Murano. It’s comparable in size and does not have a third row seat that I don’t need. Now the problem is in Canada in order to get important safety features such as TSC and VDC one has to spring for the top of the line SE model that also includes besides the premium cost over an SL a bunch of features that I don’t particularly need. It’s interesting to note that Toyota includes both these features in all their Highlander models and not just the high-end one.

Come on Nissan get with it. Hopefully the 06 SL FWD will include TSC and VDC, but I wouldn’t count on it.

That being said the new redesigned 06 Santa Fe looks interesting judging by the spy shoots (http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t4779-2007-santa-fe.htm) although the possible downside is that it’s a Hyndai.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I feel for you. I wanted cloth seats (my wife and I don't like leather because of the texture). But I also wanted VDC, Rear Camera, Intelligent Key, and TPMS. No such luck. Even doing a factory order. They wouldn't even let me pay for the leather seats, then swap them out with cloth seats. I would have had to get the leather seats, then either get custom seat covers or rip out the leather and pay butt-loads of money to get custom apholstery.

Key safety features (expecially like TPMS and VDC) should be available even on the absolute base models. Actually, I'm a firm believer that it should be standard equipment in ALL SUVs. But I can't understand their choice to only allow it on the "fully tricked out" models. There's no technical reason for it. The only possible reason is for marketing, to force more sales of the luxury features. And that's just a really s**tty thing to do to your customers.

Anyway, my choice to have cloth seats overpowered my desire for those features, so I don't have them. And while I still wish I could have gotten them, I'm pleased with my purchase as it is.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
i will suggest trying Hummer H3 coming out this August. its base is around 28kUS$ (about 36CDN$) and it does have more standard features than SL Murano. however, with H3, its a GM car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
RobB said:

That being said the new redesigned 06 Santa Fe looks interesting judging by the spy shoots (http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t4779-2007-santa-fe.htm) although the possible downside is that it’s a Hyndai.
When recently looking for my 2005 in the US I was surprised at how few MOs with VDC were available (at least less than half of the copper AWDs). It seems like a handy $750 option and was a deal breaker for us.

I recently drove a 2005 Santa Fe (ironically, a one way rental to take us to the dealer where we bought the MO). I was very underwhelmed--it was uncomfortable (e.g., the passenger floor was sloped up right where my feet wanted to go), it had a fairly limited visibility (e.g., big blind spots), and I would have sworn it was a 4-cylinder until I saw the V-6 badge on the rear.

·
4,664 Posts
You may find someone willing to swap their cloth seats for leather. On occasion, people get the SL and pay to have leather put on them.

I like the cloth, however I suspect they may generate more zaps than the leather does, especially in the winter.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
i will suggest trying Hummer H3 coming out this August. its base is around 28kUS$ (about 36CDN$) and it does have more standard features than SL Murano. however, with H3, its a GM car.
It also has an underpowered engine and because its based on the Chevy Colorado small truck, it will not be nearly as nimble as a car based crossover like a Highlander or Murano.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
jaak said:
I like the cloth, however I suspect they may generate more zaps than the leather does, especially in the winter.
I have a pretty good solution for that. Whenever my seats start to build up static electricity, I rub them down with a couple dryer sheets. Usually takes care of the problem. Try it out the next time you're getting shocked.

I've done this on every car I've owned.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Corin said:
I have a pretty good solution for that. Whenever my seats start to build up static electricity, I rub them down with a couple dryer sheets. Usually takes care of the problem.
Not to mention the nice smell it leaves behind....:D

·
4,664 Posts
Hey, that's a cool idea! Now, to explain to my wife why I'm doing it...

·
Registered
792 Posts
Another thing you can do is take fabric softner and put it in a spray bottle and set it on a fine mist. This too will kill static AND make a pleasant smell. :)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Just buy a bottle of anti-static spray for clothes/fabrics!

I use it on clothes when the dryer sheets just don't work well enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts