Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. How do you turn DOWN the Blind Spot Warning sound on a 2020 Murano? It’s extremely loud and obnoxious. Enough so, that I wish I had not bought this vehicle. I love Nissans... this is my 6th one, 3rd Murano. But geez... it beeps (no blares) way too loud! My family never wants me to drive because it’s soooo loud. Help please!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My experience with my '19 is just the opposite, the blind spot warning and the initial forward collision warning are barely audible over music that being played it a reasonable level, there's barely a peep of a sound... I wish there was an setting to choose the volume of these alerts to satisfy us both... I would also like to be able to choose the brightness of the blind spot warnings lights, they too are a bit too dim for my taste.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Blind Spot Warning chime will only sound if you activate your turn signal while someone is in that blind spot. The theory is that the chime will very seldom activate since turning into a lane with someone already there is not a common occurrence.

Note: this statement is true for the 2019 model year; I haven't checked if the 2020 is different.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
12 Posts
The Blind Spot Warning chime will only sound if you activate your turn signal while someone is in that blind spot. The theory is that the chime will very seldom activate since turning into a lane with someone already there is not a common occurrence.

Note: this statement is true for the 2019 model year; I haven't checked if the 2020 is different.

Hope this helps...
Same for my 2020. The light will illuminate with no sound when a vehicle is detected in the blind spot. The only time there is an audible alert is when the turn signal is activated. Great option. But it can also be turned off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All. How do you turn DOWN the Blind Spot Warning sound on a 2020 Murano? It’s extremely loud and obnoxious. Enough so, that I wish I had not bought this vehicle. I love Nissans... this is my 6th one, 3rd Murano. But geez... it beeps (no blares) way too loud! My family never wants me to drive because it’s soooo loud. Help please!

Hope this helps...
Thank you! Hello... it’s the front, back and side blind detections that chime at a constant beeping when I’m pulling in and out of my garage, or going through a drive through (bank/fast food) with a narrow lane. It even goes off when a car pulls up too close behind me while I’m in line, of which I have no control over. I’m thinking I may need to put black tape over some cameras? Was hoping I could just turn the volume down to a reasonable level, and wayyyyyy down when I’m in tight spots.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thank you! Hello... it’s the front, back and side blind detections that chime at a constant beeping when I’m pulling in and out of my garage, or going through a drive through (bank/fast food) with a narrow lane. It even goes off when a car pulls up too close behind me while I’m in line, of which I have no control over. I’m thinking I may need to put black tape over some cameras? Was hoping I could just turn the volume down to a reasonable level, and wayyyyyy down when I’m in tight spots.
Those are sonar based parking sensors. You can turn them off or adjust the volume and range, etc. in the settings. Your current settings for volume and range can be adjusted. I've never had someone so close they would trigger my rear parking sensor, so maybe adjust the range and volume, or turn them off if you don't find them useful.

From my '19 owner's manual:

The is also moving object detection (MOD,) it utilizes the cameras to detect movement when backing up.

Reactions: SEHale

·
Registered
49 Posts
MuranoSL2003 has provided a great answer to the problem. Here is a additional trick that is not well documented. (Or perhaps everyone else knew about this except me?)

I leave my parking aids volume fairly high, since in my everyday driving I usually don't get close to anything or anyone. So, if I do, I want to hear about it.

On the other hand, I back into my garage after every time out and the beeping is annoying at that time. The trick? I found that hitting button #2 on the steering wheel controls cancels the beeping. It automatically resumes next start-up or gear change.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Nice find! It's nice to know that I can more easily disable temporarily it to avoid startling passengers.

I actually like the cacophony of sonar sounds when entering and leaving my cluttered garage. I feel like a Bat sensing sensing in the dark, I'm getting tuned into the beeping to know just how close I am to an object.

·
Registered
384 Posts
When the sonar activates, if you look at the bottom left corner of the display between the tach and speedo, it shows how to turn it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts