Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my turn signal is on, I can hardly hear it. Sometimes I accidentally leave it on because of the very faint sound it makes.

Has anyone else noticed the very quiet turn signal? Is there anyway to make it louder?

Also, does anyone know where the sensor for the outside temperature guage is? Mine seems a little slow to react to temperature changes and I thought maybe it just needed cleaning or something.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Mine seems to be plenty loud. Maybe your relay is going out, or is just weak?

My dad couldn't ever hear his in the old Blazer, and he was able to swap out the relay for a much louder one. Drove the whole family nuts, but at least he could hear it. You could possibly do the same.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
As I recall the temp sensor is located in the front bumper. You can see it from the outside when looking in the lower part of the bumper on the drivers side.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
lawbroker said:
Also, does anyone know where the sensor for the outside temperature guage is? Mine seems a little slow to react to temperature changes and I thought maybe it just needed cleaning or something.
They're all like that. I read somewhere that it's only capable of updating 1 degree per minute. Pretty bad, but there's not much you can do.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yeah the clicker is definitely one of the more quiet ones I've heard. The one my Maxima is louder, and the one in my old VW was really loud!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Re: Re: turn signal

Tyler_Canada said:

They're all like that. I read somewhere that it's only capable of updating 1 degree per minute. Pretty bad, but there's not much you can do.
Anyone else notice that the temperature is often way off when you first start the vehicle if it's been sitting for a while? I have just assumed it was from engine heat if the MO is parked after driving or heat from the sun getting the sensor area hotter than the ambient temperature.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yes I have. I think its close to the ground and is effected by any radiating heat ground.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Re: Re: turn signal

special-k said:

Anyone else notice that the temperature is often way off when you first start the vehicle if it's been sitting for a while? I have just assumed it was from engine heat if the MO is parked after driving or heat from the sun getting the sensor area hotter than the ambient temperature.
Yeah I always thought its the residual engine heat that throws off the sensor initially.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
strange . . . i live in Phoenix where it's been in the low 100's the last few days. When I first start my car after it's been outside, the temperature guage has been reading on the low side . . . high 80's to low 90's, even though I know the temp is around 100.

Ten minutes into the drive and it still reads in the low 90's.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Turn Signal

That is the one thing I like about a Buick I had. When you left the turn signal on too long it would beep at you and make you aware it was still on. I never thought I would need it but it did come in handy a couple of times.

·
4,664 Posts
The service manual gives a procedure for checking the proper function of the system, including the temperature sensors. This was posted in another thread (which I don't have the time to go look for, right now.)

The temperature sensor outside, is located here:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Yeah

My Venture van would beep through the sound system to let you know if you have left on a turn signal too long. I discovered it one day on a fork we have on one of my weekly commutes. The turn wasn't enough to set the trip to return it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Yes I have. I think its close to the ground and is effected by any radiating heat ground.
I agree with Gonzo.
I was not aware until a few years back....OK more then a few, about 10 years back I learned that reported temps on the weather service are only measured in the shade. Routinely you may have temps 79 or 80F but the temps in direct sunlight may be 100 or more. It appears when my cars are in the sun, the temp sensor in the MO and my Altima are 10 to 15 degress F above the real temp.
Someone needs to park in the shade and give a report.
Bob1

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: Re: turn signal

I read somewhere that it's only capable of updating 1 degree per minute. Pretty bad, but there's not much you can do.
It's a designed in feature to keep the sensor from showing a dramatic rise in temp at every stoplight while sitting on the pavement or blacktop.

I'm sure they could re-spec the design to give immediate change or maybe every 5-10 seconds, but I don't think most people need to monitor the temp change that often.

If I recall correectly, the restriction on the temp change by time limit is only in effect on the temp rise, not on the temp fall.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
OK I didn't park in the shade but in an open garage last night along with a digital thermo..... findings. The MO agreed to the thermoeter to within a degree.

Looks like the sensors works.... go figure.

Next week I'll confirm that the tires are round using more digial devices. :p

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I find the MO's thermometer to be pretty accurate. Usually within a few degrees of what the weather report on the radio claims, and it also agrees with all the temperature on those clock/thermometer signs in front of every bank.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts