Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced their cellphone being automatically shutdown when plugged into the 12v when the car is turned off?

I had an xterra before this, and a pathafinder before that, and never have I seen the cellphone automatically turned off.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I understand that. But, when the car shuts down, a signal is sent to my LG cell phone to shut down as well - which is what I have never experienced. If I want to the phone to stay on all the time, I have to disconnect it from the charger before turning the car off.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
The phone might do something like that if the charger is plugged in but is not being charged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's something with your phone firmware, theres no signal that is sent from the power port, it simply stops powering the phone. It's possible there is a setting in your phone options, or it's possible it's hard set.

·
5,244 Posts
I have a Nokia and no such problem.............check your phone settings....

·
4,601 Posts
Yeah, most of them have the option to allow this or not and some allow a delay before power down, in minutes... It shouldn't disconnect while in a call, however...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have an Audiovox that I used to plug into the vehicle's socket whenever I'm in the car. No problem with the power turning off the phone. I agree with the others, check the power settings on your phone as the Mo merely cuts power.

·
Registered
781 Posts
One way to check if it is the phone is to plug it in at home and pull the power adapter from the wall.

My Nokia works fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It happens to my GPS (iQue 3600) occasionally even though it's backed up by a battery. I've wondered if it caused by some sort of voltage spike. Wish the MO had an always-hot outlet like my Jeep.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wanted an "always hot" socket for my cell phone, as well as a holder, so I picked up a combo unit from Radio Shack that suctions onto the windshield. Its mounted on the far left side (driver's side) with a line going down the side of the A-pillar into the fuse box. From there, I spliced into a hot wire and grounded the other wire. End result - a cell phone holder with a socket that's always hot. Since a charging cell phone (even from dead) can not drain a car battery, even over the course of a week, I'm pretty happy with the set up. I can post pictures if folks are interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts