Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an abnormal turnover rate of the employees at my local dealership in Brandon, Mb, Canada. It has been just over a year since I purchased my Murano (and first stepped inside a Nissan dealership). When I purchased my Mo, there were 2 sales guys and they were trying to hire a third. Over the past year, they have filled that third sales position, all 3 of them have left the dealership, and their 3 replacements have also left the dealership. Right now, they are back down to 2 sales guys.

The sales dept isn't the only one with this sort of trend ... the 2 guys who work at the parts dept have both left and have been replaced. Last time I went in the sales manager was filling in as service manager while they were looking for a new person to fill that role.

Is this a normal turn over rate for this industry? Seems awfully hight to me. I suppose that it is indicative of bigger problems with the management of the dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I work at a dealership and can personally tell you that a high turn over rate is due to: Ownership changes hands, new management and/or low pay. People at dealerships work long hours and put up with a lot of red tape and if you don't pay them or treat them right then they walk. Just ask HBL of Tyson's Corner VA, they lost alot of good people due to management and pay.

-FJ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts