Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I was curious about here in Colorado is that I've never seen an ad for the MO on TV or in the paper. My wife brought this up when we were looking to purchase our's. My explanation was that maybe they sold well enough that they didn't to to advertise them, at least here in Colorado.

Then, in the last 2 days, 2 TV spots with MO's in them!! Amazing...

So... Are MO's advertised more in other area's? Just curious....

Thanks...

·
Registered
758 Posts
04MO

Not too many Ad's here in Central Florida, at least in comparison to other brands. I see an Ad for a Mo about every couple of weeks. Saw one last night. The one where the old Blues man is telling the Mo people how to get somewhere .

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
I saw the one last night, too. The ad looks like it was filmed in NO (which is not far from where I live).

Can hardly wait to get mine. It's supposed to be in a week from today, although it could be earlier or later. Soon!

·
5,268 Posts
I do not see many of them either

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Saw that same ad here in Mass. I'm also seeing more and more MOs on the roads too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Saw a couple of the ads in the Mid-Atlantic region. They had a MO going through urban areas with animal noises replacing the usual urban noise. For example, a cement mixer passing by sounded like an elephant complete with trumpeting noise. Those ads ran several months ago and I haven't seen any since. I understand from some folks in corporate that the Mo is selling very very well, hence less money appears to be spent on marketing. By contrast, due to low truck sales numbers for the Titan and Armada, I understand Nissan will be pushing more marketing dollars towards those vehicles.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The "urban jungle" ad has run around here for 6 months....saw a new one this week..."we've put a lot into the Murano......you'll be surprised how much you can" I think the "unwashed public" perceive the Murano to be a smaller vehicle than it actual is...the styling and large wheels crate that illusion....I guess Nissan is trying to address that...

·
Registered
81 Posts
The most recent TV spot I've seen for the MO here in MA shows 2 guys with kayaks on the roof racks. The impression given is that the are traveling out into the wilderness for some hardcore kayaking. They arrive and unload the kayaks, gear up and start paddling....out into the water beyond right field at Pac Bell in SF.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
senza said:
I think the "unwashed public" perceive the Murano to be a smaller vehicle than it actual is...the styling and large wheels crate that illusion....I guess Nissan is trying to address that...
I think there's a lot of truth in this. When we first saw the Murano it looked (from the outside) that it was going to be very cramped inside. Didn't scare us off since we didn't want a huge monstrosity, but the styling of the body does make it seem small. We were really surprised as soon as we got in and realized how much room there actually is.

I took some friends from work test driving it and they seemed to have the same impression. It's perfect for me (roomy but small) but I think a lot of people would get turned off by the smallish look and not even try it out to see how much room is really there.

I also think that it's interesting that Nissan is not promoting the CVT as a big selling point. Most likely this is because CVT still has some negative connotations after Subaru screwed it up (many years ago). But that seems to be a huge selling factor to most people that have purchased one, and it certainly is for me as well! :cool:

~ Corin

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have seen the Pac Bell park Murano commercial...actually its called SBC Park now, what a terrible name.

The only other Murano commercial I've seen is the one where the nav is used to find a shop that sells a musical instrument.

·
4,664 Posts
I've seen four different commercials, I think, for the MO. Although these days, they don't need them here. Today alone, I saw 8 Muranos. That's a pretty typical day.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
jaak said:
Today alone, I saw 8 Muranos. That's a pretty typical day.
**8** a day!??!? :eek: I joked with my in-laws that it was time to get a new car about a week after getting mine since my wife and I finally saw another one that day. Seriously, I still usually see about one every two weeks, and I like it that way (of course, I've been working at home since November). People don't wave like they did a year ago, but its still a rare sight. I love to pull up alongside other Mo drivers and watch :2: and wait for them to look over :awais: but they never do :1pat:

I started seeing the "city jungle" ad about a year ago, right after I picked mine up. Keep in mind that I live right in the area where people have the choice to go to NYC or Philadelphia if they want to have a really upscale dinner or catch a show, so that ad is perfectly aimed at people in my area.

I've also seen the SBC Park ad. And the ad in New Orleans. And a variety of print ads with a pretty cool running theme showing lat/long coordinates where some yuppies usually found something.. like a really good winery in Napa or something.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Out in So cal. I have not seen any add yet. All the promos and sales don't included the MO either. I am starting to see alot on the roads from Ventura to LA County. I think they are selling well and they sell them self just being driven my the people on this and other forums. Very few cars look a unique and the MO.

·
4,664 Posts
When I first got mine, I'd get excited if I saw one that week... Sure has changed!!!!

I asked one person if they knew what the SAT button was. They said they didn't get the Navigation, so it didn't work. I see the dealers still don't know what to tell people...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Magazine Ads

I've seen several magazine adds for the MO. I subscribe to Road & Track and found an add last month with a Blue one.

I think the Murano is selling about average for Nissan. Factory to Dealer rebates and low interest rates on the vehicle seem to point to some concern for Nissan though. If more and more advertising $ are spent on the Murano, we can probably determine that the sales estimates for the product are lower than expected.

Just my thoughts...

·
Registered
38 Posts
TV commercials often run in "flights" (weeks on and off) over an established period of time usually for three or four months. Then there may be a hiatus of several months before they start to run again with the same commercials or different ones as part of a new campaign. Also unless it's a national TV campaign, companies run "spot" TV in their top markets for sales. The shows they advertise on are the ones their target audience are likely to watch. All this is just to explain why some folks may be seeing commercials and others aren't.

After about four or five months of no advertising here, Nissan has started running another round of Murano commercials in the last few weeks in the NY/NJ/Conn. tri-state area. I was just in Myrtle Beach on vacation and saw them there as well. Looks like a new Murano campaign to me with at least two new commercials. Two guys with kayaks and a couple going out to dinner. The jungle sounds were their last campaign.

I used to work in advertising so I tend to notice TV commercials - especially Nissan's. They've started running Maxima commercials again here as well. Nissan seems to advertise the Altima most heavily though. I see these commercials all the time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The first ad I saw for the MO was the one with the couple shopping for antiques. The guy hits the button on an old jukebox that starts playing "Smoke on the Water". The theme was "For your adventures in on-roading". That's got to be over a year and a half ago, but it's the one that got me interested in the MO( I'm an old Deep Purple fan)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts