Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 without the Bose system, and I am looking to add tweeters to the dash. After reading this thread...

http://nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1449&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

...I've discovered that this is possible. I've found factory tweeter backs online for $18, and I would do the capacitor mod before putting a set in.

My question is, has anyone discovered if there is factory wiring pre-run to the empty tweeter locations? I popped the speaker grill off and took a quick look, but didn't see any obvious unused 2-wire connections.

I'll splice into the door speaker wires if I have to, but I'm hoping I don't have to...

Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Psychosis said:
I have a 2005 without the Bose system, and I am looking to add tweeters to the dash. After reading this thread...

http://nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1449&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

...I've discovered that this is possible. I've found factory tweeter backs online for $18, and I would do the capacitor mod before putting a set in.

My question is, has anyone discovered if there is factory wiring pre-run to the empty tweeter locations? I popped the speaker grill off and took a quick look, but didn't see any obvious unused 2-wire connections.

I'll splice into the door speaker wires if I have to, but I'm hoping I don't have to...

Thanks!
Don't know about the wiring, Suggest Download the Tech Manual fro the Nissan Site. Worth the low cost and wonderful for the future.

Don't forget the Tweeter Tilt, Helped as much or more than the cap Mod.

·
4,601 Posts
If the wires are in there, it's likely they're taped to something or even to the harness itself, so they don't rattle around.

My 2003 SLAWD has the connectors for HIDs and VDC taped inside the dash, even though it has neither.

Have a look around inside...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!

That is exactly what I wanted to hear :)

I'll be ordering them today, along with an Infinity Basslink.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Originally posted by

Thanks!
Psychosis,

Maybe I am reading your message incorrectly, but there are factory-installed tweeters in the dash on non-Bose equipped SE and SL MOs. The S model does not have the dash mounted tweeters.

The wiring harness is the same for all models. If you have the S MO, hunt around and you will find the connectors you are looking for.

Good Luck.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Njjoe

Good observations.

G

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Psychosis,

No problem.

I would love to hear/see pictures on how the mod went.

-Biggun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts