Nissan Murano Forum banner
201 - 204 of 204 Posts
Re: here ya go!

Don,

I haven't taken the dash apart yet to see what the standard tweeter setup looks like yet, so I am trying to tell what might be different on yours vs. the default condition... particularly with regards to the angle that you used as far as aiming the tweeter. Can you elaborate a little more as to what you did to change the angle? Also, I assume you just stuck a microphone at or around your ear level, near where your head usually is while driving and aimed it that way... using your portable analyzer to determine max dB for a given position, correct?

Thanks for any further info you can provide.

Also, if I understand correctly, the tweets are aimed at the passenger cabin, not the front window, right?

Thanks and regs,
Jeff

GripperDon said:
Just a simple twist. Sorry the discussion about reflected angles is gone. I deleted it when I was try to never post more than 3000. But that go to be too much trouble. But that was one of the casualties.

G

I hate to say this, but the whole cap change idea seems to not be the best approach. Remember they designed it with the 4.7 for a few reasons. Not to purposely make the sound worse, but to basically deal with having a super cheap tweeter. The 4.7 cap basically rolls off the sound fairly high, cause the tweeters are so cheap that they will break up and distort and or be physically damaged by dropping the crossover much lower.

The reason 4.7 was used stock, was to avoid having a 12db octave "real" crossover, and cause they used an ultra cheap tweeter. '

To me, the only real way to improve the sound, would be to install a decent grade of tweeter crossed over at about 3000-4000hz approximately.

The Bose stock tweeter is frankly the weakest link in the entire system.

After that, the next weakest link is the lack of a real crossover TO the tweeter, and then the lack of a crossover at all to the door speakers. Then finally the door speakers are not all that great either.

2010 cap mod ??

Hey,
Since there is a lot of knowledge regarding adding caps to the front tweeters (Squakers - as the Service manual calls them, :) ) the 2010 MO does not have a capacitor on the speaker. The same thing as my previous 04 MO, I have the Treble setting all the way at 5 and the sound is just not there. I think I could use a cap in my tweets, but the question is - do I just solder it in line with the positive or negative wire ( I cannot remember how it was in my old MO when I did the mod ) Here is some pics of the 2010 set up.

PS. Although it looks like this is a full range speaker, and it probably is, I would love to turn the front ones into just a tweeter to have that crisp treble, as there is enough midrange speakers in the car to do the rest.

Well, I just went ahead and did it. Even though its not a "tweeter" per say, I still thought I like just the high frequencies to go through. I put in a 47u Cap in series ( just on the positive lead - it does not matter which one you use, positive or negative, as long as you don't cross them ).
To me it makes a difference, being that I like the crisp treble for the type of music I listen to the most. For $2, there is no other speaker that is matched to the BOSE system like the BOSE speaker itself, and with a cap on it, its just that much better.

201 - 204 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.