Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have to admit, I'm a bit taken by the chrome wheels. They look so good! Does anyone have them? My concern would be theft. I live in the Washington D.C. burbs and I can easily envision walking out of my house and seeing my car up on cinder blocks. Even my local dealer admitted he's had mornings where all of his chrome wheels are gone when he unlocks the storage lot when he gets to work!

Secondly, the parchment guages...This is the one feature of the car that I dislike. Not only does it seem rather plain and dull, but it seemed to me that it wasn't easy to see during very sunny days. How does it look at night?

BTW the best guages have to be the ones in the new subarus. Now those are impressive...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Chrome wheels

DocCat - I have the chrome wheels on my Murano and I believe they make the vehicle stand out much more than the standard wheels. I love them but if you have High Theft in your area, they do scream "STEAL ME". I don't think the wheel locks could stop a thief but it is possible to get an alarm system with that will activate if someone gets too close to your vehicle, that may help stop the thieves. Unfortunately thats additional $$$.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
The wheels, I really like the stock rims. The gauges, if there could be one feature I would change would be the gauges. They are easy enough to read but I think they are a bit small and wimpy for the rather large dashboard. Still not enough of a turn off that would cause me to look at another car.
Bob1

·
Registered
81 Posts
i've always heard that instead of using one set of wheel locks.. some people use a different set of locks for each lock... so that makes it 5 different locks.. definately sounds like it would slow a theif down.. maybe ever deter them from trying to spend all that time taking fiver different locks off a wheel... i would think even 2 or 3 different locks would be fine... definately alot cheaper than getting an alarm..

·
Registered
781 Posts
The bad thing about using different types of locks is that you have to keep the key for all of them with you.

And I don't think it would really matter as the thief doesn't duplicate the lock pattern. They make a wheel lock removal tool.

Before you ask - "Why do they make a wheel lock removal tool, Dave?"

Because people manage to loose the key and when they go to get wheels balanced or new tires..............

There isn't much that will stop a good thief. Sad to say. You will deter the apprentice but not the master.

If I lived in a higher crime area -

1) I wouldn't drive a nice car.
2) I wouldn't put nice wheels on whatever I drove - even if it was a 78 Chevette. (not that there's anything wrong with the Chevette :) )

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dogcat, I understand your concern, I live in PG county. love the chrome wheels but didn't consider getting them and my MO is garaged at home, but you can't stay at home.

I like the look of the gauges.

·
4,601 Posts
I like the Chrome SL wheels and wish I had them. I also like the guages, especially at night, but hey, I like orange and I have a copper Murano, so there's an obvious bias....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Montgomery County and have the chrome wheels...they definitly make a huge difference in the look of the car. My 19 year old son (who hates suv's) told me that on a sunny day, my "rims" looks awesome (his words). He especially likes it when the car/ wheels go from 0 to about 40 mph. He liked it so much that he took the keys and told me to watch the wheels as he drove it up the street...yes, he did come right back!
I garage it every night and pray for it's safety each time I park it somewhere else...so far, so good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts