Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Maxima and an 06 Mo, both with standard Nissan Keyless entry. It drives me nuts having two identical large keys and fobs on the keychain, as I now have to look at the keychain before using the key or the fob to make sure I have the right one in hand. Petty, I know :rolleyes:

I have seen some tricks to program a single remote to operate both sets of locks - in other words, program both cars to respond to the same set of codes. For logistical reasons I do not want to do this.

What I want is a single fob with both sets of controls on it. Has anyone seen an aftermarket fob or other solution for this? Creative solutions invited :D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"I *think the dealer can do this."

I don't see how.
It's not the FOBS that are programmable, it is the recvrs.

What burns wants is a FOB that will put out freq/codeA out for the Unlock Function and then with a flick of a switch on the FOB (or another button altogether), put out Freq/codeB to unlock the other car.

In other words, a Dual FOB.

I have never heard off such a thing.
But it would be cool............esp if it worked across manufacturers........... :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hfelknor said:
What burns wants is a FOB that will put out freq/codeA out for the Unlock Function and then with a flick of a switch on the FOB (or another button altogether), put out Freq/codeB to unlock the other car.
Exactly! I have thought of taking the two fobs apart and fabricating a custom enclosure to hold the guts of both, but I am not sure if my fab skills are up to the task. A nicely milled aluminum enclosure would be sweet...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bkburns-

I sent an email to www.keylessrides.com explaining our desire to operate two separate Nissan vehicles using a single 4-button remote (buttons #1 & 2 for car "A", and buttons #3 & 4 for car "B").

They claim to be a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of replacement automotive keyless entry remotes.

I will post their reply.

-njjoe

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
njjoe said:
bkburns-

I sent an email to www.keylessrides.com explaining our desire to operate two separate Nissan vehicles using a single 4-button remote (buttons #1 & 2 for car "A", and buttons #3 & 4 for car "B").
-njjoe
Great minds think alike - I did the EXACT same thing last night!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my wife gave me the OK today to reprogam all our fobs to work both cars. I followed some instructions from the Internet and reprogrammed both cars to all four fobs in about 10 minutes.

For reference, the same steps worked on both my Max and Mo:

1.) Get in car, lock all four doors with drivers side lock button.

2.) Insert and remove key in ignition 6 times in 10 seconds. Too fast and it won't work. When successful, the hazards will blink once.

3.) Insert the ignition key and turn to the ACC position.

4.) In the next 5 seconds, press any button on a keyfob you want to mate with the car. The hazards should blink.

5.) For each other fob (including existing fobs that previously worked), unlock and relock the doors with the driver door button, and repeat step 4 in sequence.

6.) When all fobs are programmed, remove the key from the ignition and unlock the doors with the driver door switch.

Repeat setup on second vehicle.

For fun, press the panic button when annoying neighbor is in driveway. Bonus points if he drops his beer ;-)

I still would like to get a single remote that works both cars separately, but this will do for now. I'll post the response from keylessride.com once I receive it.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
njjoe said:
bkburns-

They claim to be a leading manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of replacement automotive keyless entry remotes.

I will post their reply.

-njjoe
bkburns-

Here is the reply from Laurena Alfaro @ keylessrides.com:

Good Morning,

We currently do not have a remote that will operate more than one vehicle however we will have that available in the summer. Please check back with us the middle of June and we should be able to price that for you. Have a great day!

-njjoe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts