Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Impression of Subaru Tribeca

this car seems beyond this world. just awesome......

the interior cabin looks great and the available space is roomier too.

check out more here

·
Registered
44 Posts
A buddy of mine has put down his deposit on one. Will be interesting to see what he thinks at delivery time. Too bad he lives in the Boston area, I live in Kansas thus I won't have a chance for a hands on impression.

I must say I don't care for the front end from the pictures I have seen.

The wrap around interior looks interesting. Reminds me of my '92 300ZX.

Good to have someone out there that can push on Nissan to continue to improve their line of vehicles.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
honestly, at first i didn't like the front end of the tribeca but it's something that has to grow on you. the interior is beautiful almost meserati-ish(only look wise not quality wise0 i had a chance to look inside on of them in person. it was a seven seat with cloth. the cloth was nasty but the luggage room was huge.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Even with a 250hp engine, its only 3.0L and with 217lb/ft moving 4500lbs, it will be a dog. I have a feeling people will overlook the styling and it will be a hit, given that Subaru drivers tend to be very loyal.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
supposedly it's suposed to be faster than a bwm x5 3.0

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
nissanlove said:
supposedly it's suposed to be faster than a bwm x5 3.0
The X5 has even more pathetic specs, the 3.0L automatic makes only 225hp to move 4500lbs of SUV. BMW may update it with the new 3.0L unit from the 2006 330i, making 255hp.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
the shiftronic should help put all that tourqe to the pavement when you want it. hopefully it aslo has a wide tourqe curve also because the max output is reached at 4500 rpm. they also have relased pricing for it. the cdn version starts at 41500cdn and goes all the way up to 53000 with the 7 passenger arrangement touchscreen dvd navigation and rear seat entertainment with 9 inch monitor.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think the interior looks great! The first photo in the link made me intially think BMW styling. I agree with some that the grille needs to grow on your.

I was considering the Sccoby Doo Outback along with the Murano. But the lack of Nav definitely knocked it below the Mo.

I did see one in the streets on NYC (Manhattan). At first I couldn't firgure out what is was from behind. I kind of madeout the Scooby Doo logo on the back, but couldn't figure it out. Now I know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It does look like a MO.. I posted a few months back with some spy-shots.. the Edmunds.com B9 Tribeca board is hopping, with everyone on it saying it's the greatest SUV since sliced bread. I am curious of how it performs tho.. but doubt it will give me reason to replace my MO.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I bet this thing flies and handles well.....

I wouldn't get rid of the MO but if I were in the market I would consider it along with the MO.

·
Registered
55 Posts
what do you get when you cross a 1958 Edsel with a 2005 Nissan Murano?

(I kept staring at this picture and it finally dawned on me today what it reminded me of! They even copied the taillights!)

·
4,664 Posts
Reminds me of an Aztek with the ugly beaten out of it... Most of the way.:twak:

Still not as hideous as the Ugliment, er Element.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
zpac said:
any idea what this thing is gonna sell for?
You can google the price. Around $30k for a base 5-passenger, $34k for a loaded 7-pass with nav.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
They blew it as far as I am concerned:
1. 16.9 gallon gas tank
2. No HID headlights

·
5,268 Posts
ekaxel said:
They blew it as far as I am concerned:
1. 16.9 gallon gas tank
2. No HID headlights
You are right. The tank should be at least 20 gallons.

No HID's? Oops, that's a big omission! Once you try them there is no way going back. And car with price tag of $30k + they should be standard.

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, just like LED taillights... They last longer, they come on faster to alert the driver behind you when you are braking, and they cost more.

Oh, and they take less room, as well as consume less power.

HID's will be obsoleted soon enough, I suppose, with LED headlights on the way. But in the meantime, they're still great!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts