Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the marketing message tonight. The http://www.nissan-murano.co.uk is now showing the marketing material and encouraging buyers to place their orders. My interpretation is that although supply is limited, Nissan is struggling to sell in the UK....

The brand does not have much kudos here...But the site looks nice, although still no pictures of the UK version as the models shown are US and Japan...Have a look if you have broadband, nice video's I think....

Just one more month before we get ours...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i wonder why one of the pictures shows a two tone black on grey interior. if they had that here than it would sell like crazy. i think the black on black is just too dark.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree! I think the two tone looks fantastic....I spotted quite some differences between the various SatNav controls on the centre dashboard console....

I especially found the picture with a right-hand steering wheel interesting as it did say it was from the US model????

But at least some nice video's of the car in motion...Just wish they were less arty so one could see the car

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Hope the lights are this blue for you ! Grip :D

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL So do I! Although I think Photoshop and filters have something to do with it...At least people would leave the fast lane if they are that blue as they may think I am the police...

·
4,994 Posts
Probably work well in clearing out the roundabouts. GRIP :eek:

·
4,994 Posts
In england yo need them. Heh heh :D

·
4,994 Posts
According to the Data i just read from the OK weather central London get about 800 mm per year over 30 inches a year, We get 6 inches so to me that is a lot of rain, and Rain means clouds, Used to live in Mich and hated the grey. I used to say we had 4 seasons in Detroit: June, July, August and Misuary.

GRIP :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yes, it rains a lot and it is very grey...That's why I want to have the Mo...brighten up our lives and that of our neighbours ;-)

·
4,994 Posts
dejongj

Bit it is Beautiful, Had the pleasure of staying one MONTH at the Grovner <sp> House across from the park on my last visit, But that was a long time ago. GRIP :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One Month at the Grosvenor House? I hope someone else was paying or you could claim it back....

I loved London (when I was young, free and single), I used to live opposite Big Ben with a river view in what was the former county hall. Now it is the Marriott County Hall so you can still check it out on the Net....Great time, but I love the country side better, especially now I have got a child...The air is so much cleaner, the schools are thousand times better and we have got some land around us....And all that is behind our house is a golf course (Yeah!) and a 600 acres whild animal park...Something else to leave for work in the morning and hear some elephant trump ;-)

For pictures see: http://www.whipsnade.co.uk for the animal park or http://www.whipsnadeparkgc.co.uk for the golf club...

England is very beautiful I think, although we could do with more sunshine....

·
4,994 Posts
One Month at the Grosvenor House?

As a matter of fact it was your Government!!!! I was there to give talks and tour various of "those" Facilities. I looked at the web pages you linked to, Beautiful, I also got to go to see Stonehenge and take the Train to Paris.

Wow the whole trip was fun fun fun. Hope to get back one more time. GRIP :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was my pleasure

I am glad you enjoyed yourself on our tax money!

Seriously I hope you get another trip, I always like it....I had many business trips for various jobs that took me to other continent with all expenses paid...Always nice....

Stonehenge is quite interesting, though personally more from an how did they do it perspective than from a mythical one...But the Eurostar train is fantastic....Just imagine that we will have our new Murano on it on June 3rd @ 7.30am....It will take us under the sea to France from where we will drive to the Alps to Italy Lake Garda and try to get a picture in Venice @ the island Murano :)

·
4,994 Posts
dejongj

THAT NOT FAIR, telling it so well and does it APPEAL!, I want to be there SO BAD, I can no longer fly and it's probably my single BIGGEST disappointment at this stage of life. (But I did get to be a Grandfather a few days ago)

That trip sounds PLEASE send lots of pictures, so we can all share it with you vicariously. GRIP :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sorry to hear you are not allowed to fly anymore...Its not that we are scared but with all the hassle of security, limited luggage, etc. We enjoy holiday's buy car. It is not a real British thing to do so I had to educate my wife ;-) That is also why we have got cars larger than others (for European standards), more comfortable on those journeys...

You could always take a cruise to Europe and they rent a car.....But I guess you would miss your grandchild, wouldn't you....

And yes, ones we have got the Murano I would flood the Gallery ;-)

·
4,994 Posts
dejongj

The New Queen could be the plan. I have 2 problems, A set of Aneurysms, a Pcom and and optic main artery plus damaged vertical semicircular canals., both sides. (no pain with either just some pressure and positional restrictions.) I am lucky, I am used to these. But a flight to anywhere would be wonderful. Have not flown in 30+ years. Always made it iffy when I would have to say to the prospective new employer , "eh, one thing I need to tell you about "..... Never knew if that would kill the job or not, so had to really hook em first. Don't totally know why but seems like engineers are always travling.

I am so new at the Grandfather business I had not put that into the equation. All the animals are enough, thank goodness for the kids, one son and daughter live near us. The thought of just Grippee and me alone is really thrilling, at least to me. Grippee ??? It is harder on her to be away from family. BUT she has rarely been out of the US and is absolutely in love with the thought of Italy, Tuscany in particular.

Renting a vehicle, might be a time to go in something different so an to reduce the immersion in the MO syndrome. That trip, IF it can happen, will have to be a bit in the future, BUT I will let you know if it happens. GRIP :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still no delivery date :( The systems are just showing early april.

But my dealer has got a pre-production model available and invited me today! Will be the first time in my life I see one in all 3 dimensions...Can't wait....

My interpretation is that it is starting to look like Nissan has got a delivery problem. Pre-production cars should normally be destroyed following the press introductions. The Nissan Intranet schedule I noticed at the dealers (great when they get coffee and leave it up for you.....) stated that dealer demonstrators should be delivered middle of February. My dealer (which is the biggest selling in the UK) official demonstrator is not due until May....

This must cost Nissan big time as their marketing department has been buying very expensive air-time (F1)....

The wait is still on for me, but at least I can see one in real life...So there is still time to cancel :D

·
5,244 Posts
Can't wait to hear your first impressions.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts