Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Yes, there is an underdrive for the Murano... it's made by Unorthodox Racing.

I wouldn't recommend it, however, as the Murano keeps the RPMs lower than a normal transmission. Given that a number of people already don't think the A/C and/or power steering and/or alternator don't have high enough outputs, it might cause you some headaches.

What I really wish someone would make is just a lightened pulley set that keeps the original sizes. It would allow the engine to rev more freely, but not cause any output problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
I wouldn't recommend it, however, as the Murano keeps the RPMs lower than a normal transmission.
What RPM does the Murano consistanly run at?

·
Registered
747 Posts
depends

RPM usually runs between 1300 and 2100 depending on many different variables. Mine runs at between 2000 and 2100 RPM @
80 MPH.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
I usually run at about 1200 in the city, and 2000 on the highway. But last winter the battery was close to dead several times after driving only in the city for a few days with the seat/window/mirror heaters on.

No I don't have a faulty alternator.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
The RPMs dropping (to about 300) and the dash lights dimming whenever the electric fans come on, the rear defroster is turned on or the brakes are pressed.

I was worried about the famous alternator problem, so I had the battery and charging system checked, they passed all the tests.

The problem faded when I stopped using the seat/window/mirror heaters in the spring.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thats odd.... why would your RPMs drop to 300 RPM? I'm surprised the eninge continued to run at 300 RPM... must have been running really really rough. No?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
It was running rough. Too much power drawn by the alternator? I don't know. I had the dealer check it all out, and they couldn't find a problem, and the problem slowly went away as the weather got warmer.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Would an overdrive puller fit on the MOand speed up the alternator and power steering for the 03 guys?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
Yes, there is an underdrive for the Murano... it's made by Unorthodox Racing.

I wouldn't recommend it, however, as the Murano keeps the RPMs lower than a normal transmission. Given that a number of people already don't think the A/C and/or power steering and/or alternator don't have high enough outputs, it might cause you some headaches.

What I really wish someone would make is just a lightened pulley set that keeps the original sizes. It would allow the engine to rev more freely, but not cause any output problems.
Well, someone read my mind (or my post). Unorthodox Racing now has lightened pulleys that are stock diameter. Woo-hoo! Has anyone put an underdrive on? I'm just wondering about labour costs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts