Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It boggles my mind as to how uninformed some of the Nissan SM's are. I took my Mo in for the alternator recall and a few other items yesterday. I told the SM about the next two recalls and he didn't have clue "1" that they even existed.

I am making him a trade today. I printed off the recall info and I'll give it to him in exchange for him fixing my loose shifter knob that he refuses to acknowledge.

I hope the alternator swap goes well.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
What "next two" recalls?

Homer

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the link:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm
One is the fuel shield and the other has to do with the rear seat belts. I think both have already been reported in the forums here, but my SM didn't know anything about them. Manufacturers report date was Jan. 09 2006 and Feb. 09 2006. You can do a search on safety recalls by model/year/etc. when you get the main page.

When I said "next two", I meant for my MO, since I am just now getting the alternator recall completed, sorry!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
What about the other one?

Campaign# 06V054000.

Defect Summary: ON CERTAIN SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, A FITTING FOR VAPOR RECIRCULATION, WHICH IS WELDED ON THE FUEL TANK, MAY COME OFF THE FUEL TANK BECAUSE INCORRECT MATERIAL WAS USED.

Consequence Summary: THIS COULD RESULT IN THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT IN THE INSTRUMENT PANEL COMING ON AND MAY RESULT IN SOME FUEL LEAKAGE. FUEL LEAKAGE, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.

Corrective Summary: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK WITH A NEW ONE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON MARCH 21, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.

-njjoe

·
Registered
263 Posts
Link to those three recalls are much appreciated!
Dame, better print out before I go to my dealer.

Nizmo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts