Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there 馃憢 Needing help to identify/name a certain hose and also, suggestions on where I could buy them from - I鈥檓 from Auckland, New Zealand 馃搷 I was replacing the back 3 coils and spark plugs and accidentally snapped the hose whilst working 馃挙

Registered
Hi there 馃憢 Needing help to identify/name a certain hose and also, suggestions on where I could buy them from - I鈥檓 from Auckland, New Zealand 馃搷 I was replacing the back 3 coils and spark plugs and accidentally snapped the hose whilst working.
It's a blow-by hose that's part of the PCV system and it connects the two valve covers. In North America, the original Nissan part number is 11823-8J101 (later replaced by 11823-8J10A). My guess is that if you want to replace it with an OEM part then the part numbers would be different in the Asian market. Nevertheless, you should be able to get by with just using a comparable size rubber hose made for automotive purposes.

Reactions: damian toko

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a blow-by hose that's part of the PCV system and it connects the two valve covers. In North America, the original Nissan part number is 11823-8J101 (later replaced by 11823-8J10A). My guess is that if you want to replace it with an OEM part then the part numbers would be different in the Asian market. Nevertheless, you should be able to get by with just using a comparable size rubber hose made for automotive purposes.

View attachment 53721
One step closer to getting it back on the road now, massive help cheers mate !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey @ineedcoffee , you wouldn鈥檛 happen to know what鈥檚 holding the hose ? it鈥檚 been troubling me to get it off, it ain鈥檛 like a regular hose - I鈥檝e looked around it and there鈥檚 no clamp no nut nor bolt. It鈥檚 as if it鈥檚 being held by real super glue of some sort

Registered
hey @ineedcoffee , you wouldn鈥檛 happen to know what鈥檚 holding the hose ? it鈥檚 been troubling me to get it off, it ain鈥檛 like a regular hose - I鈥檝e looked around it and there鈥檚 no clamp no nut nor bolt. It鈥檚 as if it鈥檚 being held by real super glue of some sort
You've probably already replaced the hose by now--if I could respond earlier I would have suggested just cutting it off the hose barb (carefully) with a utility knife or razor since it's damaged and being replaced anyway.

The parts diagrams and service manual don't show any hose clamps or fasteners at those connections, which is unusual--other hoses in the evap system have them. Thus, from Nissan's perspective it would seem that they're not required, but if it was my car I'd throw some small hose clamps on there.

Registered
If that blow-by hose is orginal, it's probably very brittle, as are the connector points at both valve covers. The plastic barb stem coming from each valve cover is part of the valve cover and isn't replaceable by itself. The hose stays in place being pressed over the that flared barb. Earlier this year, I tried very carefully to remove the blow-by hose from the bank 2 valve cover while preparing to replace the valve cover gasket. No matter what I tried, the hose was so hardened that it couldn't be maniupulated to be pulled off. The fitting ended up breaking off and the hose snapped in two.

Instead of getting a new valve cover, I used some JB weld and a nylon plumbing fitting from Home Depot and secured it to the cover, then spliced in a piece of rubber transmission hose from the front valve cover to mid-way to the original hose using a brass coupler. I didn't feel like taking off the intake manifold and other things to access the other end, and even if I had I'm sure the fitting would've broken. If I did had decided to remove the manifold to access that bank1 stem, I would've used a Dremel and cut the old hose off, then used the new transmission hose to connect both valve covers. Not sure if I still have that footage somewhere, but if I can find it I'll update this post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts