Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took posession of my new Murano several weeks ago I looked over the car in what I thought was a good manner. Not having driven it much in the first two weeks (twice actually) I finally gave it's first good washing yesterday. Much to my surprise and dismay I discovered on the roof in several places, long straight scratches running across the front almost to the windshield and down one side. There were also several straight scratches surrounding the antenna. It looks as if these scratches did not penetrate the clear-coat and they looked as if they looked as if they could have been done by a box-cutter or something with sharp edge. What the heck do any of you think happened and more importantly what is the smart way to possibly polish these out? Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
It could be the remains of the plastic liner they use on painted surfaces when the vehicle is being shipped. Its possible a tech ripped it off too fast and scratched the car, or maybe its just residue left over from the plastic sheeting. I would try some bug and tar remover to see if that cleans it off.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Is it possible you got a rock in your wash mitt?

I've seen it happen.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I agree with Eric's guess.

My Murano also came with what looked like a couple of light scratches up on the roof, near the sunroof, between the windshield.

Turns out it was glue residue from the plastic sheeting. The stuff was very difficult to get off and if I remember correctly, the dealer used Goo-Gone or something similar. I watched them take it off and the guy really rubbed on it for a while.

Hope that's all it is!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts