Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Android auto be updated on the 2019 Murano? Is it done through the dealer or can I do it myself? I have updated the app on my phone for what it's worth but I was just wondering about how to keep the latest on the car.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Can Android auto be updated on the 2019 Murano? Is it done through the dealer or can I do it myself? I have updated the app on my phone for what it's worth but I was just wondering about how to keep the latest on the car.
The 2019 Android Auto software in the head unit can be updated via OTA (over the air) updates when/if any updates are released. I haven't seen any OTA updates released for the head unit software to date.

There is a head unit update for the rear view camera recall, but that update needs to be performed at the dealer for some reason...

Plug your VIN into this web page to see more info on the dealer installed head unit update:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm at the dealership right now getting a head unit update based on NTB19-067B service bulletin. There are known issues with Nissan vehicles and Android Auto. I'm really hoping that this fixes the audio playback. I'll update once I know if this fixes my issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, that was disappointing. I have only driven a few miles since the update but it sure seems to have done nothing for the skipping audio problem. I even unpaired both the car and the phone from each other, turned off the BT on the phone, & disabled BT in the Android app to no avail.

I will continue to work on it but I don't have much hope.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well, that was disappointing. I have only driven a few miles since the update but it sure seems to have done nothing for the skipping audio problem. I even unpaired both the car and the phone from each other, turned off the BT on the phone, & disabled BT in the Android app to no avail.

The TSB mentions it enables future OTA updates. You might want to enable WiFi in your Murano and check to see if there are any OTA head unit updates.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Instead of just unpairing, try removing the Bluetooth profile on your phone, then restarting the phone. Remove the phone profile on the car, then restart the car, or use the secret menu to reset the head unit.

Do a fresh pairing and see if the issue goes away. This has worked for me on several different cars when people have updated their phones or their head unit went thru some kind of change/update.

Have a good day

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really like my 19 Murano but this Android Auto audio skipping problem is sure making the rest of the experience sour. I've driven so many cars and this is the first time I've ever had a problem like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FYI, Android Auto update released today. I haven't had a change to play with it but it is supposed to fix voice prompts that were failing on Android 10. I just updated my phone to Android 10 and suffered with the voice prompt error. Haven't yet had the change to verify it works though.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. My Android just updated today the entire operating system and afterwards it seems I'm at 5.1 now on the Google Play version. I hope it works. The previous version would not let me use the phone book to call anybody like a command like call Jane Smith would not work

·
Registered
63 Posts
A question for those that have the Dasaita Max 6. I’m wondering if the built in GPS works well and without data. I had planned to use waze via phone but am reluctant due to data costs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still doesnt work.

Thanks. My Android just updated today the entire operating system and afterwards it seems I'm at 5.1 now on the Google Play version. I hope it works. The previous version would not let me use the phone book to call anybody like a command like call Jane Smith would not work

·
Registered
896 Posts
Remove all settings from the phone for the car and delete the phone from the car. Reboot the phone.

Starting with a new clean Bluetooth connection might make the difference, especially after a system update.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll post the official Google AA troubleshooting/problem/error site. They're all sorts of issues and problems with various cars and phones. By themselves, Nissan's head units don't seem to be the problem. Some VIP issues have been going on for a long time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not that it will solve your issue, but have you tried another phone? My last phone was awful about dropping music thru BT in my 2016. My S9 does much better even before the OS update. Also is there anything else your phone is connecting to at the same time, maybe earbuds?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts