Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those interested,

I just talked to Steve @ Chipgard, and he said he'd sell the Venture Shield Deluxe Kit fpr $180. He said next closest competitor for this VentureShield Kit is $270. He's looking into the headlight/foglight covers.

If you wish to purchase contact him at "[email protected]" and mention my name "GriffGator" in Fla. and NissanMurano.org GroupBuy.

He sells both, but VentureShield offers LIFETIME Warranty, 3M does not.

http://www.venturetape.com/final/index.htm

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/_l/en_US/_s.155/116943/_s.155/86661

·
Registered
756 Posts
grfg8r

Have you put this on your Murano yourself, or did you have it installed??

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine and I took about a 1/2 day to do it. The guy I bought frm. was avaliable by phone if we had any problems. We didn't becuz it came w/ great instructions.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
In general, I don't like doing business with people that bad mouth their competitors.

And people that badmouth 3M are idiots.

Homer

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Homer,

I certainly wasn't BadMouthing other products. This guy sells both 3M & Venture, but the ONLY reason I went w/ Venture is because they offered a LifeTime Warranty as opposed to 5/7 years.

I use 3M products everyday and some have EVEN SAVED MY LIFE!

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I was not criticizing you grfg8r.
My comments were directed at [email protected]

Venture is good stuff.
Ferrari recomemends it on their cars.

Steve needs to learn not to dump on the competitor, ESPECIALLY if he handles both.
What do you think 3M would say to Steve, if they knew he was bashing their product?

BTW a Lifetime warranty is amazing.
How long has Venture been making this product, I wonder?

I don't know the warranty from 3M, but the Ultrashield warranty of the 3M product is 5 years.
With the 3M film they say they have seen some that lasted 7 years.

Keep your receipts. ;)

Homer

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's ok Homer, No Harm, No Foul! Maybe he has some issues w/ 3M right now. Also, aside from VentureTape.com, look at "Stongard.com"

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
grfg8r said:
It's ok Homer, No Harm, No Foul! Maybe he has some issues w/ 3M right now. Also, look at "Stongard.com"
Yes, indeed, look at StonGard. I'm pleased I put this on. And see my other thread about it as well. Bubbles are ALMOST gone. I'll be reporting back on it in another few weeks just to give it time to really sink in and prove itself, but so far I think it will defiintely be worth the money.

·
Registered
263 Posts
stone guard where do you get it

Corin said:

Yes, indeed, look at StonGard. I'm pleased I put this on. And see my other thread about it as well. Bubbles are ALMOST gone. I'll be reporting back on it in another few weeks just to give it time to really sink in and prove itself, but so far I think it will defiintely be worth the money.
so how is it ??

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Re: stone guard where do you get it

larry1960 said:

so how is it ??
Um.... Well, in my last post I said that I was going to report back on it in a couple weeks. It's been 2 days. Let's give it some time! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
grfg8r said:
To those interested,

I just talked to Steve @ Chipgard, and he said he'd sell the Venture Shield Deluxe Kit fpr $180. He said next closest competitor for this VentureShield Kit is $270. He's looking into the headlight/foglight covers.

If you wish to purchase contact him at "[email protected]" and mention my name "GriffGator" in Fla. and NissanMurano.org GroupBuy.

He sells both, but VentureShield offers LIFETIME Warranty, 3M does not.

http://www.venturetape.com/final/index.htm

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/_l/en_US/_s.155/116943/_s.155/86661
Realize this is an old thread, but can you tell me which pieces were included in the deluxe kit? I'm in touch with Steve about a kit for the wife's new '05.

He has headlight and rear bumper pieces now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
LEXshield clear bra

So far this is a less than good experience. After purchasing my car I had to wait 2 months for installation of the clear bra. Seems that LEX didn't have anyone in southern california to do this and we had to wait for them to send out a new installer. Today I had it installed and it looks HORRIBLE. Tons of bubbles and bunches of tiny ripples and ridges. The LEX on the door is actually not sealed and lifting. The dealership is calling for a reinstallation. I can't believe they thought this would be ok. I"m tired of bad service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: LEXshield clear bra

bskuared said:
So far this is a less than good experience. After purchasing my car I had to wait 2 months for installation of the clear bra. Seems that LEX didn't have anyone in southern california to do this and we had to wait for them to send out a new installer. Today I had it installed and it looks HORRIBLE. Tons of bubbles and bunches of tiny ripples and ridges. The LEX on the door is actually not sealed and lifting. The dealership is calling for a reinstallation. I can't believe they thought this would be ok. I"m tired of bad service.
Sorry to hear that. Bubbles are to be expected with any film install, they'll disapper in time, but the folds indicate an inexperienced installer.

I've done a couple of fairly large 3M decals on vehicles before, so not afraid to tackle this one myself. Ordered the kit today.

I did note that in his email he said 3M Scotchguard, so maybe the source for the tape is different than th earlier group buy.

Will post up when I'm done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well... after close inspection I noticed that the lexshield doesn't cover the entire bumper..just to the ridge on the corner and not all the way to the bottom either. Is this normal? I'm thinking of having them remove it and give me my money back. It still has ridges and they have agreed to reinstall. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The bumper piece I installed covered all of the forward facing parts of the bumper. One large piece covered most of it and two smaller pieces for just below the fogs. A partial doesn't sound right. It limits the protection.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts