Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my vehicle in to the dealership to have my A/C problem diagnosed. I informed the SM that I would be waiting for it and not just dropping it off. I also told him that my suspicion was that there was a loose connector to the A/C compressor from the alternator. I told him that I could see a connection to the alternator and it was tight. I also let him know that the A/C was ice cold before the alternator recall.

Bottom line: checked and corrected loose connection at air compressor. Also did the fuel shield and seat belt recalls. In and out in less than 2 hours.

Please make sure that if your A/C doesn't funtion after the recall that you go in prepared like I was. Thanks to Eric L. for the diagrams and suggestions about the loose connection and thanks to the forum members who responed to my thread!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
elliotgb-

Was the SM receptive when you offered advice concerning the loose connection? Appreciative when your suggestion proved to be correct? Apologetic for not correctly completing the job in the first place?

-njjoe

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was the SM receptive when you offered advice concerning the loose connection? Appreciative when your suggestion proved to be correct? Apologetic for not correctly completing the job in the first place?
Njjoe

He was all of that! I went in with a no-nonsense attitude and told him that I suspected that this problem occured as a direct result of the alternator recall since I had no problem before that was replaced. I told him about how I conferred with the forum members here and that seemed to make him think for a minute. I also told him that I knew the wiring harness was connected at the alternator end but I couldn't see that it was connected at the compressor.

He was "kind" enough to even complete the other 2 recalls for me!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Excellent!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts