Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finished installing a nice color display to replace the orange ugly one in my 05. i would like to thank phoenix54, warhammer, and 07murano for all their help. I did not install the oem nav, since i have a garmin already, so my install was a little easier than theirs. I got everything i needed for under $500 off of ebay. Then by following the other guys postings and instructions and by downloading the service manuals for both the 05 and 06 , the install took very little time and now what a difference. In the end i only had to splice into 11 wires and most of them were on the connection for the old display. My A/C and AV Switch sems to work just fine with the new screen so there was no need to buy the 06 A/C and AV Switch.

Very please with the results and again thanks to phoenix54, warhammer and 07murano.

I will post a few pics here and all of them in my gallery.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Old Orange Display

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New Color Display

Attachments

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
:29: Nice job!

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Excellent job! Yet another pioneer in the wonder world of MO's.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Can you post more detail as to what you needed to buy, and the steps to complete the conversion?
Thanks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Any more info on this conversion?

Has anyone heard more info on this conversion. I would like to attempt this. What parts are needed? Splicing 11 wires sounds easy enough, but more info would be great. Please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would like to do the same. Please advise what all do we need with step by step instructions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heeey i have murano 2005 orange screen and i bought colour screen but how can i change it ???

I have finished installing a nice color display to replace the orange ugly one in my 05. i would like to thank phoenix54, warhammer, and 07murano for all their help. I did not install the oem nav, since i have a garmin already, so my install was a little easier than theirs. I got everything i needed for under $500 off of ebay. Then by following the other guys postings and instructions and by downloading the service manuals for both the 05 and 06 , the install took very little time and now what a difference. In the end i only had to splice into 11 wires and most of them were on the connection for the old display. My A/C and AV Switch sems to work just fine with the new screen so there was no need to buy the 06 A/C and AV Switch.

Very please with the results and again thanks to phoenix54, warhammer and 07murano.

I will post a few pics here and all of them in my gallery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Nissan Murano yellow lcd screen I would like to upgrade to a color one any one can help plzzz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts