Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my friends told me audi sells whole HID plug and play assambly to non HID owner. anyone knows if nissan also do this or has ever experienced?

gosh!! i really want HID headlight for my MO...........

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't think Nissan sells a kit. You could probably buy the pieces seperate for lots of $$$.

Part of the problem with aftermarket kits is they aren't DOT compliant, and this is probably why Nissan doesn't do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue as you! i have a non HID Murano! i have researched it and found couple of sites that sell the plug and play kits. one is www.misterjung.com and the other one is www.eurolights.com. they both seem to offer kits that fit our Muranos. their pricing is reasonable too but i haven't convinced myself yet to shell out $400 plus to get it. if you try it , please post some pics.

:)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Its the most costly, but in terms of functionality, the Nissan OEM lights are the way to go. I had an aftermarket HID kit in my 97 Maxima and while it was very bright, the beam pattern was not very good, since the light assembly was originally made for halogens. So, in order to get the max benefit from HID's, and their wide range of illumination without blinding everyone on the road (I was always afraid the aftermarket HID's pattern was so scattered that I would blind oncoming traffic on a road with no center divider), the expensive Nissan kit might be the way to go.

When I purchased my Murano, the HIDs and VDC were the two most important items I made sure to get. Unfortunately it also meant paying $3500 for the SE popular package, most of which I didn't really need (esp the non upgradable BOSE system!).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Simply sticking an HID bulb and ballast into an assembly designed for incandescent bulbs is a HUGE mistake. The beam patterns are all wrong, the light is not focused where you want it etc etc. These are items designed for kids that have a base civic/'teg and want the '133t' look of an IS300 or other higher priced car they can't afford. At the best, your lighting will be inferior. At the worst, you will be blinding oncoming traffic.

The only way to do this right would be a complete swap of the factory HID units AND the associated motors and wiring to be able to aim them up and down. I suspect that the cost of doing that is close to the depreciation of your MO. In other words, you might save money by trading your can in for one with HID from the factory.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Eric L. said:
(esp the non upgradable BOSE system!).
Yes you can upgrade the Bose system. I am replacing everything soon. It's an interface that I have from a company where you don't cut a single wire....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Dookie said:

Yes you can upgrade the Bose system. I am replacing everything soon. It's an interface that I have from a company where you don't cut a single wire....
Do post details once you've done the modifications! I would love to add MP3 capability to the Murano without an external unit.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well, I didn't mention that the stock HU must be kept in place. If you want to wire another one somewhere else, you can do that, just not in the same location as the Bose HU.

I'm keeping the Bose HU because of the 6-disc changer and steering wheel controls, plus the car will still look relatively stock from apperance. This connector will completly bypass the Bose amplifier, and provide 4 channel RCA pre-outs to aftermarket amps. Also in this connector are provisions to connect the speaker wire from the aftermarket amps back into the harness to power the door speakers and twweters. (Prevents you from running new speaker wire.) The only problem with this is that most component sets have external x-overs. When I tear the truck apart to lay the power wire from the battery, I am going to look for the point where the front door speakers and tweeters split off from the same wire. (They are wired together in the stock harness.) I will let you all know more with pics and specs as soon as I get everything. I am going to be running Infinity Kappa components up front, with Kappa 2-ways in the rear, along with 2 12" Kicker CompVR's in a ported box tuned to 38hz.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Oh yeah forgot to mention, that the Kappa speakers will/should drop right into the stock location....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have same issue as you! i have a non HID Murano! i have researched it and found couple of sites that sell the plug and play kits. one is www.misterjung.com and the other one is www.eurolights.com. they both seem to offer kits that fit our Muranos. their pricing is reasonable too but i haven't convinced myself yet to shell out $400 plus to get it. if you try it , please post some pics.

:)
You can purchase a HID kit on Ebay for as cheap as $35 or so. If you simply just want a better bulb you can swap the stock out with, look at either PIAA bulbs, or Sylvania/Orsam Silverstar Ultra or the new Silverstar ZXE model bulbs. Besides PIAA and Silverstars, I would stay away from any other bulbs, as the ones I mentioned are literally about the only stock replacement bulbs that will give true increased light output that's greater than stock. Also remember that the blue'er the bulb you get, the less light it'll put out, especially in the rain in which they quite literally will not light up the road at all. If you do go for a true nissan HID kit, I'd highly recommend going with a 6000K color temperature bulb, as that'll have the best light output with bulb color combo that you can get. 5000K is slightly brighter, but it'll have a tint of yellow to it, where 6000K has a tint of blue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the hid kit on my foglights i bought it like that but their not working all the fuses are good , what could it be relay ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts