Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2017 Nissan Murano SL and I was wonder if there are any mods out there, it looks like the aftermarket has basically nothing for the Murano. Also, I was curious if there's an upgraded CVT for the Murano so that I could possibly upgrade the engine with a supercharger. I also was wonder since the 350z and the Murano have the same v6 could i get a 350z supercharger kit and put it on my Murano? also if anyone has done any offroad mods to there's please sends some photos I also wanted to put a new bumper with a proper winch and some led light bars.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
There is no known upgrade for the CVT, and it's not going to hold up under turbo or supercharging. This is not the vehicle for that kind of project.

This may be a surprise, but the Murano is NOT a truck. It's a Nissan Altima with a crossover body on it. It's not suitable for off-road use, it's not for trails or mountains, and it's not a performance vehicle. Taking it off-road is likely to destroy the transfer case.

The reason you don't see mods for it is that it's a family vehicle. The AWD is to get you moving on snowy streets, and that's it.

If you want to add a winch, upgrade the vehiclerformance and modify it for off-road, you need a Jeep. The Murano is the wrong vehicle for that service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Everyone with a Nissan SUV seems to be strongly opposed to custom mods that involve real horsepower mods and anything that lowers it or makes it a “non family car”. That being said I spoke to a friend who tuned my Q50 with FBO’s and he will be tuning my Murano with an ecutek tune when I get the exhaust finished. So far I’ve made my own cold air intake and done the rear axle flow master exhaust. I plan to do the secondary Cat delete and the if it sounds good I’ll be happy otherwise I’ll cut out the stock resonator and install an aftermarket one then tune it. I will say from what I’ve see the suspension on the Murano and the suspension on the pathfinder seem to be the exact same parts and bolt right up so there’s likely lift kits you can install. That being said unless you go to some form of coilover you Wont be able to put big tires on it or it will hit the front spring perch. As of now I have 22X9 wheels and running 275/40/22 wheels but after more measurements I see I can put on a tire about a half inch to an inch taller and still clear the perch just barely. Mind you I’m running street tires not mud tires so that would likely change the outcome if you go off-road tires. As for the bumper swap I’d say it’s likely pretty easy to weld one up if you have a Tig/MiG welder and know how to use it. I’ve had both bumpers off and there’s solid mounts there to use if you use the existing rebar to build off of.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
I'm not here to try and kill your idea, just to share what I've learned in years of being on this forum and having an 07 Murano which I did the work on.

I wish you lots of luck, and I hope it works well. You are right that there just isn't much over the counter. I think you're right on the Pathfinder parts similarity, and that's probably worth exploring.

Keep an eye on the CVT and transfer case, because they get expensive. In good conscience, I do need to caution you again about ANY off-road use of the Murano. It's not made for it and over the years I've been here I have seen plenty of evidence that either or both will break.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 2017 Nissan Murano SL and I was wonder if there are any mods out there, it looks like the aftermarket has basically nothing for the Murano. Also, I was curious if there's an upgraded CVT for the Murano so that I could possibly upgrade the engine with a supercharger. I also was wonder since the 350z and the Murano have the same v6 could i get a 350z supercharger kit and put it on my Murano? also if anyone has done any offroad mods to there's please sends some photos I also wanted to put a new bumper with a proper winch and some led light bars.
There is no known upgrade for the CVT, and it's not going to hold up under turbo or supercharging. This is not the vehicle for that kind of project.

This may be a surprise, but the Murano is NOT a truck. It's a Nissan Altima with a crossover body on it. It's not suitable for off-road use, it's not for trails or mountains, and it's not a performance vehicle. Taking it off-road is likely to destroy the transfer case.

The reason you don't see mods for it is that it's a family vehicle. The AWD is to get you moving on snowy streets, and that's it.

If you want to add a winch, upgrade the vehiclerformance and modify it for off-road, you need a Jeep. The Murano is the wrong vehicle for that service.
I agree, only engine mod I did was installing a short-ram intake. It just makes the exhaust sound a tad louder.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've done intake (even if just a better filter) and exhaust mods to every car I've owned and its always made a small difference. A lot of it is just enjoying the driving experience but a little extra oomph never hurts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just give it a year or so. i a, sure the folks on The Grand Tour will find a way to do something. If Clarkson can modify a Bentley to an off road vehicle, then a Murano could be next. LOL

No matter mods you make, I would love to see photos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Everyone with a Nissan SUV seems to be strongly opposed to custom mods that involve real horsepower mods and anything that lowers it or makes it a “non family car”. That being said I spoke to a friend who tuned my Q50 with FBO’s and he will be tuning my Murano with an ecutek tune when I get the exhaust finished. So far I’ve made my own cold air intake and done the rear axle flow master exhaust. I plan to do the secondary Cat delete and the if it sounds good I’ll be happy otherwise I’ll cut out the stock resonator and install an aftermarket one then tune it. I will say from what I’ve see the suspension on the Murano and the suspension on the pathfinder seem to be the exact same parts and bolt right up so there’s likely lift kits you can install. That being said unless you go to some form of coilover you Wont be able to put big tires on it or it will hit the front spring perch. As of now I have 22X9 wheels and running 275/40/22 wheels but after more measurements I see I can put on a tire about a half inch to an inch taller and still clear the perch just barely. Mind you I’m running street tires not mud tires so that would likely change the outcome if you go off-road tires. As for the bumper swap I’d say it’s likely pretty easy to weld one up if you have a Tig/MiG welder and know how to use it. I’ve had both bumpers off and there’s solid mounts there to use if you use the existing rebar to build off of.
I’m here because I inherited an 03 Murano and i’m fixing it up, cause it’s gonna be my daily and i want it to be nice, i’m trying to keep the miles on my Q60 low 😂😂😂

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
I’m here because I inherited an 03 Murano and i’m fixing it up, cause it’s gonna be my daily and i want it to be nice, i’m trying to keep the miles on my Q60 low 😂😂😂
How many miles are on the '03?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts