Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies in advance if this was covered already but I could not find a post that would definitively answer my question.

I have a 2017 Murano S with the basic radio (no Navigation or touch screen). Is it possible to replace this radio with an OEM version that has navigation without having to install any other components? Specifically, would there be other connectors or parts needed or is the Navigation system (like an additional antenna or GPS locator) all contained within the head unit itself?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
13 Posts
Apologies in advance if this was covered already but I could not find a post that would definitively answer my question.

I have a 2017 Murano S with the basic radio (no Navigation or touch screen). Is it possible to replace this radio with an OEM version that has navigation without having to install any other components? Specifically, would there be other connectors or parts needed or is the Navigation system (like an additional antenna or GPS locator) all contained within the head unit itself?

Thanks in advance.
Woot, I’m in the same spot as you. The connectors/harnesses are different to the navigation equipped units. Would be great to know if any Murano S owner has done this.

· Registered
7 Posts
For the DIY'er, one can get a fairly cheap aftermarket headunit with TONS more features like nav, wireless carplay/aa, etc., that can be a plug-n-play installation (including steering wheel controls) if you get the correct harnesses made. Crutchfield is amazing at this including detailed installation instructions with pics.

GOOD LUCK!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts