Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mo'ers//////////

hello again.....

just changed out my oem instake plenum, (vortech next week!!) and while i was reading the instructions over, i thought of applications.....

seems the Z is the identical plenum (upper and lower, i think) as th G35 (coupe and sedan)....

how about the MO??? i cannot remember, myslef, and wanted to get your guys's imput...

below are fore and aft...........

((crawford v5 plenum, 9 hp boost midrange, with 20hp at reds...))

seems the oem upper plenum starves the front cylinders, ddue to its sloped shape (hood clearance in the Z)....

say no more...... the v5 added almost 1" to ceiling height, and brought all the cylibder tracts to within 5% flow (per crawford)

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
It's totally different. It's the same VQ motor, but it's all transverse packaging for motor mounts and intake tracts and exhaust and etc etc etc. The MO is not a rebadged jacked up G35, that would be an FX, the Mo is kin to the Altima and shares very little with the RWD VQs from Nissan & Infinity.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MightyMo said:
It's totally different. It's the same VQ motor, but it's all transverse packaging for motor mounts and intake tracts and exhaust and etc etc etc. The MO is not a rebadged jacked up G35, that would be an FX, the Mo is kin to the Altima and shares very little with the RWD VQs from Nissan & Infinity.

thanks for the speedy reply

i am referring to the motor, not the remainder.... (gotcha on the model lineups, however)

lets see the engine bay of the MO, with intake tracts..... i bet there's some pent up energy there...... dontcha think??

just trying to help out...

-eS

·
Registered
828 Posts
A long time ago crawford said their plenum would fit a MO.

Just havn't seen or heard of anyone doing it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I can't imagine how it would fit. The Z's plennum takes air in from the rear of the motor, between pistons #5 and #6. The Mo takes it in from the side (that's side of the motor, which is the rear of the engine bay) around #3. It's totally different. Here, click this link for a pic: http://www.zfilms.org/Stories/Murano/MoIntake.jpg

If anything the Mo's intake is better, check out those even length runners going into a nice big common collector.

·
Registered
828 Posts
All I can say is I emailed Crawford back in July:

I contacted them via email and asked if the Polished Plenum was Available for the Nissan Murano?

They replied Yes!

I just sent another email asking again.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I don't think it's a matter of fitting in a sense since they take your plennum in our case a MO's and modify it.

MightyMo said:
I can't imagine how it would fit. The Z's plennum takes air in from the rear of the motor, between pistons #5 and #6. The Mo takes it in from the side (that's side of the motor, which is the rear of the engine bay) around #3. It's totally different. Here, click this link for a pic: http://www.zfilms.org/Stories/Murano/MoIntake.jpg

If anything the Mo's intake is better, check out those even length runners going into a nice big common collector.

·
hail 2 the snail
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dmako said:
I don't think it's a matter of fitting in a sense since they take your plennum in our case a MO's and modify it.

mako--

check their site....... (im getting the headers after the blower goes in)

call doug, andd ask him directly... he spent alot of time with me already...

(rare to find someone so willing to help)

-eS

crawdaddie!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
So for some of none mechanical guys, who much is this going to cost and when well you know if they mod it to fit or actually have products for the Mo? Sorry, but I too like to improve on my performance :D :roadtrip:

·
Registered
828 Posts
And the answer to the Crawford intake on a MO is....

No it will not I didn't realize at that time the Murano was a sideways eng

Straight from Crawford.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts