Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant seem to to get my phone to charge using the usb port...its an samsung phone and the car is running....also 2014 murano.sv ............i should be able to use this right,,,,how do i get this to work...any info would be great...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Install this in place of the lighter plug. The Murano USB plugs only supply .5 amp, hardly enough to keep a phone charged while running a navigation program or playing Bluetooth music.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M4OKBSB/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

After removing the shifter knob, it's easy to pry up center console, starting on the two back corners by the armrest. I had a little of a hard time removing the lighter plug, but finally figured it out.

Super easy to replace the lighter plug with this. It's a tight fit, almost thought I'd have to ream out the hole, but with a little pushing and twisting it went in. I disassembled the connector on the lighter plug so that I could just use the spade connectors inside it. Covered them with shrink tube and plugged them onto the USB charger connectors.

Here's a few pics.

Have a good day.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its a charging port for iPhones only. Incredibly stupid design decision. my iphones have all worked with it. Doesn't recognize android phones at all. I like that usb replacement plug idea!

Edit - nm. Noticed this post was for the usb up front not in the console arm rest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was talking about the one in the console ..dont have one up front...and it did work on my andriod phone befroe and just stopped working ,,but ill have to check cord again to see if this is the issue

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Never saw so many people making something so simple so difficult! Get a cigarette lighter USB adapter for a couple of bucks, put in in the front power socket, plug your USB cord in, and go.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Never saw so many people making something so simple so difficult! Get a cigarette lighter USB adapter for a couple of bucks, put in in the front power socket, plug your USB cord in, and go.
Because they (cigarette lighter USB adapters) look cheezy in a nice vehicle like the Murano. They generally stick out further and that makes them look more ugly. IMHO

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
1. The adapters are flush with the socket.
2. The socket in the 2nd gen can't even be seen when you are sitting in the car. It is under the center dash lip.
3. If it is just in your mind that it is there, put the adapter in the power socket in the center console bin. I believe the USB plug is right next to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts