Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here own(or plan to own) a used MO? I'm just wondering how long until they start showing up in used car lots. I know ours wont ever be in one, but they're bound to be there eventually.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Mine was new -- I bought in April '03 and saw another one show up at work in August. Turns out msfiveiron lives near the dealership that car came from, and remembered looking at it on the lot -- but it wasn't from a Nissan dealer! So I saw my first used one nearly a year ago.

I'm more interested in finding them totalled in junkyards for parts. Now that I cut the wires to my screen, I'd like to get a new wire bundle that goes from the display controller to the display so that I may fabricate a Y-adapter to tap the RGB, sync, and ground lines more cleanly.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There will be a few dribble out.

But the real supply IMO will be provided from lease returns starting about.......Dec 2006........

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I saw one on a Toyota used lot!
I went !!!!!
I was a copper Mo, kinda stood out from the other used things. They had placed it out on the curb row for show appeal.
:D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Used Murano's

When I bought mine new I had originally intended to buy used. The closest used one I could find was about a two hour ride. Seems to me that the list prices on the used were/are very inflated anyway. I was able to get a new one for much less than what I saw the used being listed for. Of course that was without bargaining on the used ones so I don't know what the final outcome would have been. ZI used Autotrader and found quite a few but none close enough to warrant the hassle ( I had a trade in).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Like EasternPA said, I saw one on a megadealer lot early last summer. I was a blue SL - don't remember the price on it though. I also remember them having a VW Beetle right when they first came out (VW is not one of their ranchises) and selling it as a pre-owned for probably a healthy markup.

Ironically enough, this megadealer is almost direcly across the highway from a Nissan Dealer that obviously had them on the lot new.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Prior to buying my new MO SE, I saw one used 2003 SL AWD listed at $30,000. I guess that they're still relatively new, so the used MO prices aren't going to be much lower than a new one purchased close to the dealer's invoice price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had seen one advertised by a Nissan dealer (probably a demo unit), and the price was not that far off from new (within $1K or $2K if I recall correctly) and this one had 15,000 miles on it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts