Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've got this freaky aversion to eye health. I want to protect my eyes as best I can.

I started wearing sun glasses all the time in my car. Well, at least when the sun is out. Sorry Corey Hart...

I was talking to my wife about this new obsessive/compulsive behavior of mine when she mentioned that her contact lenses block all the UV for her. Not wearing contacts, I thought I could kind of do the same thing by making my car UV proof.

So after my long intro, I'm wondering if the Murano's windshield filters UV out. All the other glass is tinted and I would guess the tint would do that job, but what about that windshield?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Most automotive glass filters out almost all UV light. Have you ever seen anyone get a suntan in a car with closed windows?

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
this is maybe what you are looking for: >....(link)

V-KOOL technology for aerospace, adopted to cars

Most people in asia and europe have this thing installed.
My DAD's S class has this too (he is in asia, tropical climate) :p

Believe me, it is awesome.

This V-Kool thing was not available in USA, until recently
A friend of mine told me it is similar to 3-M's...
I sit in his BMW with the 3-M, i think it is sub-par...

If you CAN order this VKOOL, get it installed!
It will be a considerable upgrade to MO's UV filter, otherwise dont bother with other brand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
MO's greenhouse creates tremendous heat up front during summer travel. An infra-red (heat) blocking film would be great. Who installs such films to mounted windshields?

I wear polaroid sunglasses and notice that many American cars have something applied to their windshields that makes them look a bright purple-pink while wearing the glasses. Is this a heat-blocking film too??

MOjoe

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have glasses that get darker as UV light hits them. The doctor told me they are not effective inside the car because the windshield filters out most of the UV rays. He was right, they don't get darker while I'm driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts