Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned from an 9 day vacation.

We drove from southern Ohio to the top of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Ashville , NC. Visited Biltmore Estate and Blue Ridge Parkway.

Continued on to Columbia SC and Lake Murray to visit relatives.

Continued on to Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island.

Returned to Ohio through the mountains in a snow storm.

Our Murano performed flawlessly. It was loaded down with the back seats down to hold all our luggage and other stuff.

We covered 1400 miles and the computer said we were getting 22.5 mpg almost the entire trip.

We used Shell 93 octane and Quaker State synthetic 5w30 oil.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Did you stop by Blowing Rock, NC ? Beautiful little Town. I used to live there in the Summers.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Great trip !

See, people are driving their Mo without worrying about their alternator going to fail...Afraid that you will be stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Dont worry too much, enjoy the murano!
You have spent $30K, so enjoy it .

·
5,100 Posts
Way To Go, SugarRush,! That what adventure is all about, Life is short. Go for the MO. be it Gold, Sliver or Heaven Forbid Charcoal.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
22.5 MPG! Thats great to hear.

22.5mpg would be fantasyland for me.

·
5,100 Posts
Takes more than that to get me to "fantasy Land" :2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also just did my first trip with my MO the other day. I've gotta say this is probably the most comfortable I've ever been after 12 hours of driving in 1 day. Never once did I get sore, I wasn't constantly changing or looking for a new seating position to get comfortable in, and when I'd stop for gas or a bio-break, I didn't have to do the parking lot stretch to get ready to walk (It sucks getting old ):)
I also loved having the Nav system. Especially when I was on the phone one time with my wife and all of sudden my lovely guidance voice came on. My wife wanted to know who was in the car with me. :D

I DO LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!

·
5,100 Posts
Tell me aout It " (It sucks getting old ) "

·
4,664 Posts
Got the Murano in January 2003 and the family took it for a drive in the summer of 2003. It was like being in a comfy chair, all the way, and the XM made it that much better....

Nice little drive with a few days here and there to take in the sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
:) My wife and I took a vacation trip last July from Phx to Iowa. The three-week trip amounted to 4198 miles. We kept good records of our fuel expenses and put them on an Excel Spreadsheet and came up with an avg. MPG of 21.94. I used the odometer reading and pump reading at every fill-up. We had no problems, it was a very comfortable drive, max speed limit+ whenever possible. Probably 80 pct. of the miles was highway or interstate. The best MPG was from Tucumcari to Wichita (US 54), approx. 28 MPG. Probably because it’s mostly downhill.
Come to think of it, the car did hesitate briefly after coming off I40 at Tucumcari, but snapped out of it after that.
Richie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts