Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

2007 Nissan Murano S AWD - 152000 miles.

I was told I had valve cover Gasket leak and in the process of getting it fixed.
I bought the parts online and when I went to my mechanic he said I would have to buy some grommets for the coil packs

I have no clue what they are and searched online for them. I have attached a pic which I'm not sure if that is what they meant.Can someone please help if there are any grommets for a murano .

The parts that I bought for this are below.

Intake Manifold Gasket Set( 0950134)
Three Denso Coil packs(6734023)
Valve cover Gasket (VS50371)

Are there any parts that I need to buy for this repair besides the above.

Regards and Thanks
Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hello All,

2007 Nissan Murano S AWD - 152000 miles.

I was told I had valve cover Gasket leak and in the process of getting it fixed.
I bought the parts online and when I went to my mechanic he said I would have to buy some grommets for the coil packs

I have no clue what they are and searched online for them. I have attached a pic which I'm not sure if that is what they meant.Can someone please help if there are any grommets for a murano .

The parts that I bought for this are below.

Intake Manifold Gasket Set( 0950134)
Three Denso Coil packs(6734023)
Valve cover Gasket (VS50371)

Are there any parts that I need to buy for this repair besides the above.

Regards and Thanks
Jim

Your mechanic is talking about "spark plug tube seals" and you can find them on Rock Auto in the Ignition section for your make/model.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I could be wrong but I not believe that you can not just replace the spark plug tube seals on the valve cover. If i am correct you have to replace the entire valve cover. Had the same problem on my son's vehicle and we had to purchase the entire valve cover. However, as "I need Coffee" noted, I would check with Rock Auto first.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could be wrong but I not believe that you can not just replace the spark plug tube seals on the valve cover. If i am correct you have to replace the entire valve cover. Had the same problem on my son's vehicle and we had to purchase the entire valve cover. However, as "I need Coffee" noted, I would check with Rock Auto first.
Absolutely correct. Had to buy valve covers as the seals are not serviceable in the first generation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jim_jim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing