Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three days ago my wife was encountered a hit-and-run with a White Van in Hemel Hempstead (Just north of London)...The idiot drove way to fast, had his mobile phone held in his hand and a map on the steering wheel. My wife immediately went up the kerb but couldn't avoid him fully and he damaged the driver side wing mirror of our nice new Murano....

He didn't even bother to stop, not really a surprise, and my wife was too shaken to get his number plate....

Anyway the scratches on the mirror casing were polished out, thank god we took the Supagard option....The mirror was installed two days later for £50 including tax ($89 ish...)

And our Murano is in one piece again ;-)

·
4,664 Posts
Welcome to the dinged Murano club. It sucks to be a member, but it's still better than the smashed Murano club...

At least one member of the smashed Murano club, I know, and he's really happy with it's performance... Right side up and upside down.:20:

·
5,268 Posts
I feel sorry for you.....

There is something about the white boxy vans, isn't? they just need to be avoided....

Lucky you and the wife, it was just a mirror. Could have been much worse.....

·
4,664 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very true...That's what I told her when she was upset...It's only a little scratch and broken mirror.....

·
4,664 Posts
When I dinged mine I was walking around mad for about 2 and half days.... It's interesting how some pictures can adjust your perspective.

Tman got another Murano, and a G35 as well....:D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yep..White boxy vans. Stereotypically in movies, white boxy vans (VW) are used in terrorist activities:D

Your wife could have slowed down or helped botch a terrorist threat!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coness said:
Yep..White boxy vans. Stereotypically in movies, white boxy vans (VW) are used in terrorist activities:D

Your wife could have slowed down or helped botch a terrorist threat!
Nah she recognised that it was a Ford Transit model, no threat from those, they are too slow ;-)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm glad she's allright..I know it shook her up. Has she driven since?? I'm always so scared afterwards that it takes me a few days just to get behind the wheel again.

How is Tman and his wife and kids? The pics looked bad. Must have missed the story on that one.
You couldn't even tell it was a murano!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elizabeth and Isabella were fine! Liz was more upset about damaging her nice new car than anything else...Unlike Tman I can imagine....

What I thought was funny, was how discrete the garage was...They never mentioned the incident to me...until I mentioned it first....

The moral of the story is...are you sure your Murano didn't have any damage...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts