Found this in the manual
"
If engine related parts such as muffler
are not standard equipment or
are extremely deteriorated, the vehicle
dynamic control off indicator
light and slip indicator light may
come on.

I have a tough time find a reason why the VDC system would have any relationship to engine back pressure. Think maybe Nissan is just using this as a parental "because" to discourage any mods from their glorious design.

Any ideas from th gurus?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Its also a good idea to keep your antenna polished if you have VDC.

Homer

·
Registered
137 Posts
Armor all on the tires is a must or you might loose control and be taken by space aliens.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The connection just came to me...... if the muffler was in bad enough shape or the aftermarket install was so low that it could catch on a curb all the tires could slip and the VDC light would alert you to the
problem.....tremendous foresight these designers have.... always looking out for us ...yup yup that they are!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The VDC acts primarily through input from the four wheel speed sensors which also control the ABS system. In addition, I would think that like other stability control systems, it also uses a series of internal gyroscopes to measure yaw and pitch angles (to sense if you are spinning out or losing control).

Now I am not sure how aftermarket pipes would affect the wheel speed sensors. But the vibration from aftermarket pipes may affect the pitch/yaw sensors? I dunno, this is just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I also hear that you can't add satellite radio to your '03 Murano...

... and if you do, the headlights won't work ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts