Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the vent shades are darker but not as optically correct as the weatherflectors. IE you can't see through them as well not only because they are darker but primarily because they distort the image. The ventshades are not as high a quality as the weatherflectors. They can't even get the double sided sticky tape on straight. The plastic material is different, don't know effects, but the weatherflectors seem harder. Also the packaging of the ventshades sucks. The vent shades rub on each other causing scuff marks. Weatherflectors packaging prevented this.

However, I'm sticking with the vent shades. They apply on the outside and do not disturb window operation. They look great to me.

Attachments

·
Windy City MO :)
137 Posts
Looks good. :29:

How do you think those would hold up going 160 MPH. :12:

Oh wait, I forgot, the Mo has a governor. :28:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Enforcer - thanks for the comparison & giving your final verdict.
I thought the WeatherFlectors looked "clearer" in the dark form, but with the fit & window raising issues they just don't sound appealing.
You can be first real listing in the classifieds for a slightly used pair of WeatherFlectors?

It looks like I'm ordering the Ventvisors for my MO.:cool:
Are they a little $ cheaper as well?:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Newbie here ..just put the weatherflectors on my pewter murano last night .i didn't have fittement issues with them at all i will take a pic when it stops raining up here tommorow only reason i went with the wetherflectors over ventshades stlye is the fact i can't stand how wax can get in the grooves behing the tape .PITA to get it all out:eek:

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Enforcer, is there a reason you did each one in a separate post? Sure makes a long page!

They look pretty good, but I'm still trying to figure out why people like them. I had a friend who had them on a car once, but I could never understand why anyone would put them on. I'm not picking at you, I truly don't know!

Why are they desirable?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL...well jaak, I have never figured out how to put multiple pictures in a single post on vbulletin. Of course I can't figure out the php chat thing either :D LOL

In Canada you won't have a problem with this...but here in bama it gets HOT and it rains a lot. The vent visors allow you to roll the window down when it is parked at work so when you come out in the afternoon the inside isn't boiling. And if it rains, you don't have to run out and roll your windows up. A matter of great convenience to me. In the summer when the peak gets around 103 F, the inside of my Jeep (grey interior, red interior) got to 150 F. So I bought metal shades from the dealer and they made a huge difference. Been sold on them ever since. The heat is also why I like white exterior and light tan interior.

Yes, the MO looks better without all the plastic gismos on it. But the sunroof wind deflector drastically improves the wind noise with the roof open. I like sunroofs in spring and fall when it isn't boiling or freezing.

·
4,664 Posts
Thanks Enforcer, that makes a lot of sense.... I was pondering this last night and remembered my friend saying he could leave the windows open a crack so it wouldn't get so hot inside (We get really hot humid days too.) and people wouldn't even notice they were open.

The rain protection's a good thing too...

Good idea. I'd consider it, but I'm fortunate to be parked in garages most of the time.:D

·
4,664 Posts
I'm lucky, I have a home office, so I'm rarely driving the MO, unless it's on Business, and the longest I stay in one place is usually 3 hours max. If I had to leave it out in the sun all day, I'd be getting a set!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts