Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys... I'm just wondering on personal opinion here.... which kind of vent visor do you prefer?

Seems like it might be my next addition... and while I prefer the look of in channel, Ive been hearing some great things about the tape on ones too... hmmm... let me know what you think!;)

·
NO-MO-SNOW
893 Posts
I like the in-channel design. It looks more finished, IMHO.

·
Registered
41 Posts
jes6431 said:
okay guys... I'm just wondering on personal opinion here.... which kind of vent visor do you prefer?

Seems like it might be my next addition... and while I prefer the look of in channel, Ive been hearing some great things about the tape on ones too... hmmm... let me know what you think!;)
I have used tape ons for years on all my cars and they seem to work fine. Only place to be careful is a brush style car wash, I've been told they can be ripped off with certain brush configurations. Tape ons are easy to install and I have experienced no "drop off" or "peel" on any of mine (my climate area is Southern Maryland). Thats my .02 on them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've had full size deflectors ( Wade , GTS ) on several vehicles.
I tried Ventshade, did not like the clarity. Wade and WeatherTech
make small deflectors for the MO. All of mine were stick on. I
don't know how easy it is for someone to take the in channel ones
off. The large ones really keep the wind noise and buffeting down
with the window open.

·
The Member
104 Posts
WeatherTech

I have had stick ons before on my other cars, but decided to go with WeatherTech for my MO and damn I'm happy i did.
Such a nice look and quality... yes more expensive, but you do get what you pay for.

:2:

·
Registered
289 Posts
MOCKBA
Hows about a picture of the WeatherTechs, they don't shO a MO.

·
The Member
104 Posts
pic

Not a problem, but i have to take a pic as i never yet took pics of my mo.
To take pics i have to give it a wash ... :2:

So just give me some time and i will post pics.

·
Registered
289 Posts
MOCKBA
Do the WeatherTechs go all the way to the bottom of window
frame or stop above the mirror. And was there a problem with
the auto up stopping when it gets to the upper channel.

·
The Member
104 Posts
blah

The only little problem with them is that window might make a little noise when closes completely as it kinda pushes against the plastic.
Otherwise i can't complain, install was easy etc...
Oh, and yes they go all the way down and their end kind of pushes agains the door.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My tape ons came loose after only half a year down around the mirrors. I have had them for other cars with no problems, but this set has not been good.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recommend the in-channel design....I currently have the ventvisors, and I tried to remove one after the driver side started to peel......what a process that is.....I haven't even finished one door yet and it's been like four hours over two days so far......but the finish is unblemished.......People have brought up good points about the clarity of the ventshades...it's not so good, also the install on the in- channel is a snap (literally).......

I installed the in-channels on my mom's car and I just thought they looked better. I was much more impressed with the look......that's when I decided I want them on my MO......Now it's gonna be a long changeover when I finally do complete the process......

The in-channel causes no problem for me with the window closing, just make sure you seat it properly before you peel the tape....then open and close the window like 5-10 times to press it in.....leave the window closed for 24 hours and they should be all good......and the in-channels go all the way down to the door frame by the rearview mirror......MOpar.............at least the WADE brand do......

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks samson.

ex Jerseyan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts